• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Vacay 2020- 10 people, 10 nights- Disney and Universal-Completed

Nalshersmom

Mouseketeer
Our original plans
We were originally scheduled to leave for an epic Spring Break trip on March 19. My oldest daughter was scheduled to sing at Universal with her school choir, so our family planned a Universal and Disney trip around it. My mom and brother have joined us on other trips, and they were on board also. They wanted to bring a family friend for her first trip. We also added two family friends making it a party of 10. We were scheduled to stay at Wilderness Lodge during the Disney part (our favorite) on rented DVC points. We also had some amazing dining reservations including 'Ohana and Storybook Dining. We also had our girls scheduled for Character Couture makeovers at the Grand Floridian before attending an afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. It was going to be awesome! While we were at our tea party, the guys all had scheduled appointments at the Void. We bought gift cards for it so it would be prepaid. It really seemed like a good idea at the time. Our plans were shattered when Disney and Universal were both shut down just days before our trip. At first I was most worried about our DVC reservation which had meal plans attached. Thank goodness we were able to get all of our money back. Our only loss was our Void gift cards. We then rescheduled our trip for our next school break- Thanksgiving week. I then woke up 6 months before our trip to reclaim our amazing dining reservations only to lose them days later when they cancelled all the reservations and dining plans. It was still destined to be amazing! I then reworked my plans again and awoke early to try for dining reservations yet again. I ended up calling because a party of 10 is incredibly hard to get reservations for during this time. We still managed to get Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, Sanaa, Kona, and Homecomin'. We also changed our reservations to 2 cabins at Fort Wilderness because we were nervous about renting DVC points during this uncertain time. We also LOVE the cabins which were awesome for our crew. This was our second time staying in the cabins. Enough about my crazy planning and replanning :). Let me introduce you to our crew, masks and all. The kids in our crew are 14, 13, 12, 12, and 10. It was the first trip for 2 of the girls.

Here is our original 5. They are 14, 12, and 10. They are up for every ride. Pictures are definitely different in the masks, and I think sometimes my kids think they don't have to even smile.

Our family has been to Walt Disney World 6 times, Disneyland 3 times, and Aulani once.
Here we are 1.5 years ago on our last Disney trip pre pandemic when we didn't wear masks and could be close to people.

This trip was full of social distancing, masks, and hand sanitizer, and I still loved it all. I also feel like these signs really say alot about our trip.

Our Trip Schedule

Thursday, 11-19- traveling and Sanaa for my mom's birthday- Holiday Inn by Universal Studios
Friday, 11-20- Universal Studios- Holiday Inn by Universal Studios
Saturday, 11-21- Islands of Adventure- Royal Pacific Resort
Sunday, 11-22- Universal Studios- Royal Pacific Resort
Monday, 11-23- Islands of Adventure- Fort Wilderness Cabins
Tuesday, 11-24- Hollywood Studios- Fort Wilderness Cabins
Wednesday, 11-25- Magic Kingdom- Fort Wilderness Cabins
Thursday, 11-26- Animal Kingdom- Thanksgiving- Fort Wilderness Cabins
Friday, 11-27- Epcot- Staybridge Suites
Saturday, 11-28- Give Kids the World Night of A Million Lights, Staybridge Suites
Sunday, 11-29- Homecomin' and Disney Springs before traveling home

I will be posting lots of pics, and would love for you to follow along!

Last edited:
Sounds like a wonderful trip, count me in!
My daughter and I canceled our Thanksgiving trip so it will be nice to read along!

Thursday, November 19, 2020
We carpooled in 2 cars. We left at 7:30 am and stopped by the Chick-fil-A drive through for breakfast on the way. My husband and I had all the kids with us.

We listened to Disney music and the book Hatchet on the way. We are about 8.5 hours away. The kids also had to work on school work. We managed to make only 2 stops on the way, one for gas, and the other for gas and a drive through for a Cookout. We got to Disney at 6 ish. We were Soo excited to see the signs! We went straight to Animal Kingdom Lodge's Kidani Village for our ADR at Sanaa. It was already dark, and the animals all looked to be still and hard to see. We walked to Jambo House to look at the amazing lobby. It was the quietest I've ever seen it and still gorgeous. We have stayed here one time and loved it!

I did miss exploring the store there which was closed. The store at Kidani Village was much smaller but open. We looked around some more before checking in. We had to get 2 reservations for 5 people each, so I did check in at the podium to ask if we could be seated close to each other. They were able to seat us together. We had never eaten here before but have gone on the free tour of the restaurants. Most of us got the buttered chicken. My husband got the steak. He said it was pretty good, but it turned out to be the most mediocre of our trip. The kids on the trip ended up getting the kids meals because they are the pickiest, and it came with a dessert choice. Our overall feelings were it was pretty good, but we would probably try other options before going back. I'm glad we tried it.543084

It was my mom's actual birthday, and she was wearing a birthday shirt I made her on my Cricut. I attempted to preorder a cake online but had troubles and forgot about it. The kids enjoyed their cute desserts.
My mom and I saved room for our beloved zebra domes. I really enjoy them, but they have very mixed reactions in our family.

We then drove about 20 minutes away to our hotel for the next 2 nights, the Holiday Inn closest to Universal Studios. It was under construction and had only the entrance by the pool open. The room itself was also very basic and not very nice. We only stayed here to use our free nights from IHG. The staff also seemed not very friendly. My brother's room had exposed wires and a hairball on the bed. I let the hotel know, and they thanked me for my feedback. There is currently no housekeeping services. I would not stay here again. It also seemed like way too far a walk to the parks.

Last edited:

Friday, November 20, 2020-
We woke up and were in Universal Studios by park opening. We had snack breakfasts in our room. Our family only has Pop Tarts on vacation, so we brought a lot of those. We bought our tickets from Sam's, so we had to get the tickets printed out. We then went to guest services because we had 3 park tickets and Volcano Bay is closed now. They gave us about $32 each on a gift card, so it was well worth our time. We also activated our 3 day photo pass. This was our first time getting a photo package here. It was $100 for our group and the longest photo option they had. We then headed to the Harry Potter section and Gringott's. It was different without the preshow but still really fun and enjoyed by all. We then ride it again.

We spent a lot of time exploring the land. We also got our first hot Butterbeers of the trip. We got the icecream and cold version. One of my kids got a chocolate ice cream cone because she is a weirdo and doesn't like Butterbeers.

We did not try the hot version until the next day.

We bought a few things and headed to Men in Black which was a lot of spinning for me. I am also not very good at hitting anything. We then went to the Simpsons. Afterwards, my son wanted to play a carnival game. He popped all 3 balloons and won a Santa's Little Helper. He was very proud!

We ate lunch in the Simpsons area. It was different than before. They seated us, and we ordered from our table and scanned in the QR table number. They then brought us our orders. This was way easier than getting all our food and finding a seat. We couldn't pass up a giant donut for dessert.

Some of us tried some crickets we bought at the Men in Black store.
We then headed to the animal show, ET, and Woody the Woodpecker's coaster. We stopped for a socially distanced picture with Barney along the way. I love the ET ride!

November 20 continued...

We then headed to Rip Ride Rocket and the Mummy. I grabbed a Starbucks and waited in the "grassy" area in front of the stage and then visited the Tribute store while they rode the Mummy.

My mom skipped the ride with me, so I took a picture of her in front of the tree.
My stomach can no longer do coasters, but my husband and kids love them all. The Tribute store was nice, and I saw the hot chocolate bombs I was so excited to try. When the family got off the Mummy, we headed to Tribute store to try the hot chocolate bombs.

They were cute, but just okay hot chocolate. I would 100% prefer a hot Butterbeer! Nobody in our family even finished theirs. It also started to rain, so we sought shelter in the NYC library fascade :) It didn't rain long, and a beautiful rainbow appeared.

We were taking our time and decided to head to Jimmy Fallon. We haven't been since this ride opened. We actually saw him get into an elevator in the Rockafellar Center 2 years ago but have not really watched his show. The ride itself was okay, but we liked watching the clips of his shows. Since we got home we have watched some of his stuff on YouTube. It even broke down for a short time, but the kids entertained themselves by dancing on the stage.
We then waited for some of our family to ride Transformers before walking back to ride Gringott's a few last times. The park is so nice at night.

We also had to visit Bruce. We like Jaws.

We then left and got McDonald's on the way back to our hotel. The kids also all had to do their school work for the day. It was a great 1st day!

Attachments

• IMG_9992.JPG
    IMG_9992.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
Saturday, November 21- Islands of Adventure

It was going to be a busier today today, but we were ready because we were checking into Royal Pacific Resort! We packed up all of our belongings and checked out happily from the Holiday Inn. We parked at our new hotel, checked in, and got our Express Passes for the day! We love this hotel! We have always had good experiences here, and the Express passes are worth every penny.

We then walked to Islands of Adventure since there was a line at the boat. Our family loves matching shirts ( or tolerate it and go with the flow 🙄).

There was another rainbow walking in. There were also people monitoring the crowds for social distancing and masks every morning. We have had mandatory mask wearing for months so we were very used to it. Our first destination was Hagrid's. They only have a standby line during the early hour for hotel guests. At park opening we used the app to sign up for a virtual line time for a second ride. They go fast. The virtual line is an actual line that you have to wait about 45 minutes in. You just can only enter it if it is during your virtual line time. The line is also the only time to get a good picture with the Hogwarts Express. We were surprised when the conductor told us we could remove our face coverings for the picture.

Everyone ride it but my mom and I. I have not ridden a roller coaster since 2012. I rode several coasters for the first time since having kids( I used to ride everything) ending with Big Thunder Mountain which is not even a big coaster. We then went to dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, and the ambulance ending up coming to check me out while the fireworks were going off and a couple was getting engaged. I can ride most other rides and have stayed great since then.
Until this ride, I was getting very disappointed in their photo package. I had not seen anyone taking pictures. Our photos on this ride were great, and everyone loved this ride. It seemed like it may have had some preshow, but none of us knew any better. My husband says this is probably his new favorite ride.

We then headed to explore Hogsmead.

We then rode on Forbidden Journey. I can ride this but have to close my eyes during all of the screen parts. The girls who were first timers were super excited about about seeing Hogwarts and hearing Myrtle in the bathrooms. We ended up eating an early lunch at the Three Broomsticks. We all got to sit together at a table in the area that was formally the area you order in. Again, this experience was so much better than previous ones where we walked around balancing giant trays of food trying to find a table.

My 5 drink almost only water at home and in the parks. We were unable to order cups of water in the app and had to ask the people who bring your food. We ordered the hot Butterbeer for the first time here. I absolutely loved it, and it was a big hit with everyone who got it. It is sooo much better than all the others and pretty much any drink or hot chocolate. We also all enjoyed the food. I love their fish and chips. My husband ordered the rotisserie chicken and thought it was smaller than he remembered.

We then went to explore Suess Land since we had a reservation with the Grinch. We enjoyed not rushing.

Attachments

• 20201121_122643.jpg
    20201121_122643.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

November 21 continued

The Grinch experience was very unusual, and we had no idea what to expect. He interacted with us and "took"our picture. All the pictures were included in our 3 day photo package.
IMG_20201121_124602.jpg

ab64d0ad-66d5-4fa7-a5b4-88188e7ffa1b.jpg

5a40dbfd-4eed-4cda-a1f8-8603018646d5.jpg

We then headed to the Marvel area and ride the Hulk. My kids loved it.

933cea59-f4dc-43d9-b21d-b88d1ba9229e.jpg

As you can see, we had troubles with keeping the masks on correctly while on rides.

We also rode the other rides. I am able to ride Dr. Doom's. We also posed for another socially distanced selfie.

The Toon Lagoon part is super cute, but we did not want to get soaked. We love looking around and the photo opportunities.
IMG_20201121_140611.jpg

PXL_20201121_181455824.MP.jpg

We then headed to the Kong ride. We were disappointed. It was an exact replica almost of part of the tram tour at Universal Studios Hollywood with the addition of the cool animatronic.

Our next stop with the Jurassic Park water ride. We rode it 3 times.
53cb7e47-4a56-40e0-8562-504c2e9c96c8.jpg

We bought a hoodie and a few candy bars they had on sale for $1. They were the exact same ones we had bought the day before such as a bacon and ET one for $4.

We also stopped by the Raptor Encounter. The photographer there took like 2 pictures at the beginning and none of the interactions. We did notice several employees at Universal not very excited or overly helpful when we had questions. We also overhead a few discussing all kinds of things like their salaries.

c3b9e351-0343-4635-aa32-3ff45c45e4d1.jpg

We then headed back to the Harry Potter area to ride all of the rides again before heading out.

IMG_20201121_162745.jpg

The Express pass was so worth staying at the Royal Pacific Resort! We waited in no lines except for Hagrid's. Regular lines were fairly long. We really did feel like VIPs.

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_165835.jpg
    IMG_20201121_165835.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2
November 21 continued-

We then left the park for dinner at Toothsome's. We were originally supposed to go there for my daughter's actual birthday in March. It was a really cool place and tasty.
IMG_20201121_165835.jpg

We also all got desserts. They were all very cute, but I don't think any of them got all the way eaten.

We then rode our first water taxi of the trip back to our hotel.

We then brought our bags to our rooms. The kids were super excited to swim. They also loved there was a duck swimming with them.

We stayed in 3 hotel rooms with 2 of them adjoining. We love this hotel!

Sunday, November 22,2020- Universal Studios
We woke up to a rainy morning, so we put on our ponchos and took the boat to Universal Studios.

We were there for the extra hour. We had missed the Minions ride our previous time, so we headed there first.

We then headed to the Harry Potter area.

Both Harry Potter areas were the only areas that felt crowded.

We had to get some more delicious hot Butterbeers.
We also wanted to be in a wand ceremony. We had to sign up for a time which was 40 minutes away. They told us that we can either split up into 2 groups and be with other families or only 8 of us could go in. We chose the 8 so we could be chosen. Two girls wanted wands, so we mentioned it to the when signing up. She was sure to let me know that 2 people never get chosen at once, and that the shopkeeper could choose anyone. Here is a pic from when my two youngest were chosen in a double ceremony by chance at Universal Studios Hollywood.

When it was wand ceremony time, they actually picked the two that were first timers and wanted a wand.

They were excited and bought their wands.

After they tried out their wands, we decided to try the Leaky Cauldron for an early lunch. There was a pretty long line, and they split us up. My son could find nothing he wanted on their menu, so he left early and got a corn dog. I love their fish and chips, so I got that.

He kept the stick throughout our trip and declared it was the wand that chose him. I had packed everything on my list but had forgotten to add our wands to my list. We then headed to the Bourne Stunt show. It was much more impressive than I thought it was going to be, and our family really enjoyed it.

November 22 continued-

We next made our way to Rip Ride Rocket and the fake grassy waiting area in front of the stage area for those not riding. My brother purchased the video of him and my kids riding. His mask was not cooperating this time.

Then we split up for half of us to ride the Mummy and half to see the parade floats. We have been to the parade in New York, and this was a much warmer, easier, and not crowded way to see balloons. The workers at the entrance were also full of the holiday spirit which also made everything more fun.

Here is a picture of the balloon trail in New York from 2 years ago.

It was definitely interesting to have socially distanced greetings.

We also rode E.T. again. As we left the gift shop I asked about the photo opps, and team member let me know they were included. We had to take some pictures!

We were able to do the closet pictures in groups of 3 and then on the bicycles by ourselves. We spend a while here taking lots of pictures, but it was so fun!

November 22 continued-

We also have an E.T. Lamp in our living room.

We went back to ride a few more rides and purchased a Patrick souvenir before heading back to our hotel on a water taxi.

We were tired and had classwork to do before swimming. We ended up ordering pizza. Our family loves pizza.

The kids also swam. This was their favorite pool of the trip for its size.

Monday, November 23-Islands of Adventure-

We woke up and loaded up our car before taking the water taxi over to Islands of Adventure. We headed straight for Hagrid's and rode it during the extra hour. We had already used up our 3 day photo package. I wish they had a 4 day one, but I think despite a lack of photographers, we still got our money's worth. We then did all of the rides in Hogsmeade and headed for Butterbeer treats in the Three Broomsticks. We had hoped to buy Butterbeer ice cream the previous day, but the line was wrapped around the corner. The ice cream at the Three Broomsticks was still good but prepackaged.

We all got our favorite Butterbeer products. I, of course, got the hot Butterbeer. I made my daughter finally try it, and she still does not like Butterbeer products.

This was a pic at the end of the ride after my daughter's mask fell off, and she had to get a new one.

Our next area was Jurassic Park. We poncho'd up before heading over and were joking that we were wearing ponchos for Forbidden Journey.

We rode it a few times, and I bought more $1 candy bars as souvenirs for my school kids who really loved them. Again, they were the only shop I saw with them on sale. We then headed back towards Suess Landing in hopes to eat lunch at Mythos. They were fully booked for the next two hours. We then headed for corn dogs and to try Green Eggs and Ham. There were only 2 ladies working. They were so nice but unable to keep up with an ever growing line. We were all happy with our dishes. They were out of the fried chicken and funnel cake, but we ended up mostly getting the pizza tots. I got the buffalo tots, and my oldest daughter got the green eggs and ham with the tots on the side. We enjoyed them all but should have shared because it was a lot of food.

It was getting hot, and the sun was really shining.

After the Suess rides, we went through Toon Lagoon to just watch people getting wet. We had the best time for a little while watching people go under a waterfall.

IMG_20201123_144942.jpg

IMG_20201123_144951.jpg
We then went on a couple of final rides on the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride. We are big fans of the franchise and went on a tour of where some key scenes were shot in Hawaii at Kualoa Ranch. It was an amazing tour I would highly recommend.

November 23 continued-

We then said our goodbyes to Hogwarts and slowly exited the park.

We did have to try VooDoo doughnuts on the way out. I have wanted to try them for a couple of years but never made it to one. They were super cute, but I thought they tasted just mediocre. We prefer Krispy Kreme and Publix.

We then got in our cars. One car headed to WalMart to pick up a few food items. Our car headed to The Honeybaked Ham Company to pick up our Thanksgiving dinner. There was also a Little Caesars next door, so we grabbed dinner to go and were on our way to the cabins. We had checked in online, so we were able to use our MagicBands. My Magicband didn't work, but it was a quick fix over the phone. The cabins feel so much like a cozy home.

The kids also had some more work to complete.

It was a great day, and we were super excited about starting our Disney Adventure. Universal was great overall, and the Express Pass was the best. The only place I really felt the crowds was in the Harry Potter areas. They hand sanitizer before the rides was nice, but be super careful if you are holding one of their black shopping bags. The sanitizer and bag will turn your hands or anything it touches a black that is crazy hard to get off without a washrag and soap together.

Tuesday, November 24- Hollywood Studios- Will We Ride Rise of the Resistance???

I love planning a vacation and being able to make a plan to ride a ride that I want to. This made the Rise of Resistance make me kind of nervous. I was the first awake to be able to get ready first since it was our 5 sharing a bathroom. That is one of the only disadvantages of the cabins. I would also love to have a washer and dryer. Everything else is awesome. At 6:50 I went out on our deck and sat down at the picnic table with my coffee. I was prepared to get my boarding pass. I kept refreshing. At 7am I hit get boarding pass and was instantly kicked out. Within seconds, I was back on the app, but they were all filled up. I was stunned for a minute. It just all happened so fast. I had already warned my family that we might not be able to get boarding passes, but i still felt like a failure. I then woke everyone up to get ready. We were still crazy excited to be going to Hollywood Studios. We were last there 2 years ago, and a lot has changed since then. We drove there and arrived about 45 minutes early despite aiming to be an hour early. My kids begged for our first ride to be on the Tower of Terror. We love it, but we officially decided we are bigger fans of Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission Breakout at California Adventures. We also missed the pre-show here.

We next went on Rock and Roller Coaster.

We missed the pre-show here also. They replaced all of the holographics with lava lamps.

Our next stop was a new one for all of us- Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. We enjoyed it. The jury is still out on how it compares to the Great Movie Ride.

We started to get hungry, so we decided to go to the close ABC Commissary. We have tried since 60 days before to get a reservation at Sci-Fi with zero luck. Our lunch ended up being tasty and quick.
Mobile ordering was super easy even with everyone doing it. We had no trouble getting a place to sit either. We then headed to the Muppets with zero line followed by Star Tours. When we were done with Star Tours it was close to 2pm. We staked out our spots and tried a new strategy for boarding passes. 9 of us logged in on the app under my name. I've heard people say this may not work, but we were desperate.

We Got The Boarding Passes!!! It Worked!!!

I was so relieved!!!! We had time to look around Galaxy's Edge for a short time before our boarding group was called. We were able to visit the one in Disneyland the first month it was open during the reservation time. This looked similar. We are not super into Star Wars but can appreciate the area.

We were so excited when our boarding group was called. The line moved pretty good. So good that we put in an order at the milk stand for 30 minutes into the future. We then stopped for a few minutes before hearing an announcement they were temporarily closed.

After about a 40 minute closure they opened back up. During this time we got messages our milk orders were ready. We were just excited to all experience this ride for the first time. We really liked it, but I think I need to ride it a few times to fully appreciate it. My daughter's best friend who is like family got really overwhelmed by the storm troopers because she really was unsure how interactive they were going to get with us. She was fine when it was over. After the ride, we went to the milk stand. They understood and gave us our orders. This time we all got green. I think it was equally okay compared to the blue I had in Disneyland. I'm not sure if I'll get either flavor again.

Our next stop was the Millennium Falcon. Only my 5 had ridden it before. We did really bad last time. I was the trusty engineer again. We did much better this time.

November 24 continued-

The pre-ride areas also seemed very strange since they were now not holding groups anywhere for long at all with no time to look around or pictures.

Our next stop was Toy Story Mania which is always fun. We do miss Mr. Potato Head actually talking to people, though.

We then split up with some going to Slinky Dog Dash and some going to get a mini backpack on the other side of the park.

I soon realized I needed to get to Starbuck's/ Trolley Car Cafe to a carrot cake cookie, so I went there and we all agreed to meet at the Brown Derby to ride the Tower of Terror before closing. I was really disappointed they swapped out the carrot cake cookie for the devil's food whoopie pie, but I got one to try. I also got a coffee and the chocolate pine cone.

We then met up and headed to Tower of Terror. We were excited to see the projections!

The park closed while we were in line, so this was our last ride. We then went by the Mcdonald's drive through since it was close and went back to our cabin while the other car headed back to Royal Pacific Resort because they left a garbage bag full of their dirty clothes there. Thank goodness they had it at the front desk ready for them.

The whoopie pie was actually very good. My son and I ate some of it that night and the rest for breakfast the next morning.
We also tried the pine cone. It was okay. My son was really getting sleepy.

The kids all relaxed and went to bed while my mom and I washed clothes. We did not get a golf cart. We ended up driving, but there was not a parking area for cars. We walked to put them in the dryer, but it was not a very convenient walk. We also saw the "quiet" pool which the kids were excited to try.

Wednesday, November 25- Magic Kingdom!

We got ready and my son and I finished the whoopie pie for breakfast. It was yummy!

We also went for a walk behind our cabin while waiting on everyone else. We saw 4 deer, which was very exciting. We also saw many lizards including 2 in our cabin. They were tiny and cute. I love the nature surrounding the cabins!

We got ready and drove to the Magic Kingdom. We were unsure about the timing of the boat and wanted to play it safe. The bus had no lines so we hopped on one instead of using the big boat or monorail. We were in the park about 30 minutes before opening. We hopped in line at the Jingle Cruise and the rides seemed to start up about 10 minutes before opening- much different than Hollywood Studios. Who doesn't like the Jingle Cruise?

We made our way around to Pirates, Splash Mountain, and my daughter's favorite, Big Thunder Mountain. We had accomplished 2/3 of the mountains on our shirts early in the day.

We decided to eat an early lunch/snack at Pecos Bills since we had a 4 pm reservation at Be Our Guest. We added the dessert taco since it was cute. My husband liked it the most because he thought it tasted like gingerbread. This was actually our first time at Pecos Bill's. I guess we just have stuck to our old favorites. I do miss Columbia Harbor House.

We saw our first cavalcades here. We saw them in this park throughout the day. My youngest was far less impressed with his 2nd deer sighting of the day.

Our next stop was the Haunted Mansion.
The Haunted Mansion has a special place in my heart, and I missed the pre-show. I also missed the interactive line activities. During our quarantine time here I decorated our guest bathroom in the theme. I used my kid's portraits from Momento Mori's . Why did they ever stop those?

November 25 continued...

It was very odd to see the Rivers of America empty.

The Haunted Mansion on ride photos are not at a very good place.

Splash's is much better. The only one worse is Pirate's.

I then bought a coffee mug, and we took a pic before heading over to It's a Small World.

The line was really long and hot but went pretty fast. We were so happy when we got inside.
I like this ride, but I love Disneyland's version. We next went to the Peter Pan ride before heading to get some pictures in front of the castle. The sun was pretty much directly in our eyes, but we had reservations soon and knew it would be dark after that. We wanted day and night pictures in front of the castle.

November 25 continued...

We then excitedly went to our Be Our Guest 4 pm (5 and 5) reservations. This was the only time available. We originally had pre park opening reservations for breakfast. We also had a fireworks party planned for Happily Ever After. Dinner here was pretty much our substitute. We have been listening to the Happily Ever After soundtrack for almost 2 years. Jordan Fisher is from our town, and my kids have the drama teacher who taught him. I have watched so many videos in anticipation of the desserts. Hopefully it can be in our plans on our next trip. They were able to seat us together, but we had to change dots several times. They were very specific in their waiting areas, but they did tell us we could look at the other rooms when we were finished eating. We started out with bread and butter shaped like Mickey.

Our apps included a charcuterie board which was widely unpopular and soups which were just okay.

Everyone got the steak except me. I got the scallops. Everyone loved their entrees. I think most thought this turned out to be the best steak of the trip. I tried a bite, and it was delicious. My scallops were also really good. I think the beast paraded around 6 times while we were there.

My son bought this Goofy hat earlier in the day. He loves it. I will definitely miss the days when he is too big for something like this hat.

Then came dessert. It was so cute! My son was the most excited when he realized he could eat his cup after he ate the gray stuff out of it.

No one appreciated the dark chocolate dessert.

We then headed to the Little Mermaid. It was a walk on. Somehow my mom got in her own seat so both her and my oldest rode alone, which we thought was funny.

We couldn't not ride Dumbo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter