• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Trip

jcatron243

Mouseketeer
My family and I just got back from our Thanksgiving trip. We had such a magical time. We stayed at the Grand Californian. One park per day, with Genie+ My thoughts:

1. Crowds. Crowds were completely manageable, especially if you rope drop. It felt like spring break crowds.

2. World of Color Dessert party. Loved it so much. We were at table 17, high top table front row center. My husband and I enjoyed the cocktail, it is Pineapple based so be warned if you have an allergy. I lined up at 6, which wasn’t necessary, the line didn’t get too long until 7:30.

3. MagicBand + I got my MagicBand before my trip but the rest of my family was unsure. Our second day my husband and daughter got ours. It really was nice having it. Plain colors are $34.99 same cost as Minnie Ears. It will be nice when it opens up the door to your room!

4. Early Entry. Was so nice!! CA we did Webslingers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Monsters inc and Soarin over the world (day1); Webslingers, Guardians, then headed over to Radiator spring racers 15-20 minute wait.(day3) Disneyland: Peter Pan, Snow White, and Alice were down, so we did Toad’s Wild Ride, Pinocchio, Space Mountain, Buzz.(day2); Peter Pan, Snow White, then stood at the gate to head over to rise of the resistance. We went away from the crowd and took the first entrance to Galaxy’s edge. We ended up on the first transport of the day, but we were in the line for 30 minutes. (Day4). Most rides were less than 30 minute wait from open until around noon.

5. Grand Californian. Was so amazing. We had 5 people, Standard room (2 queens and a day bed). We had housekeeping every day, got the poster I was reading about, and actually had a nice view of Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel, and trees (Room5223). The balcony was nice size.

We had such an amazing time, we expected crowds and ride closures, so we were really flexible. The food was great. The cast members were friendly. We did everything we wanted to. This trip was my bucket list trip and it was truly amazing.

Oh, I love this!! I'm so glad you had a great trip! I'm going in a week with my sister and am hoping that our experience is similar, though I'm expecting it to be crowded. We're also staying at GCH.

My family and I just got back from our Thanksgiving trip. We had such a magical time. We stayed at the Grand Californian. One park per day, with Genie+ My thoughts:

1. Crowds. Crowds were completely manageable, especially if you rope drop. It felt like spring break crowds.

2. World of Color Dessert party. Loved it so much. We were at table 17, high top table front row center. My husband and I enjoyed the cocktail, it is Pineapple based so be warned if you have an allergy. I lined up at 6, which wasn’t necessary, the line didn’t get too long until 7:30.

3. MagicBand + I got my MagicBand before my trip but the rest of my family was unsure. Our second day my husband and daughter got ours. It really was nice having it. Plain colors are $34.99 same cost as Minnie Ears. It will be nice when it opens up the door to your room!

4. Early Entry. Was so nice!! CA we did Webslingers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Monsters inc and Soarin over the world (day1); Webslingers, Guardians, then headed over to Radiator spring racers 15-20 minute wait.(day3) Disneyland: Peter Pan, Snow White, and Alice were down, so we did Toad’s Wild Ride, Pinocchio, Space Mountain, Buzz.(day2); Peter Pan, Snow White, then stood at the gate to head over to rise of the resistance. We went away from the crowd and took the first entrance to Galaxy’s edge. We ended up on the first transport of the day, but we were in the line for 30 minutes. (Day4). Most rides were less than 30 minute wait from open until around noon.

5. Grand Californian. Was so amazing. We had 5 people, Standard room (2 queens and a day bed). We had housekeeping every day, got the poster I was reading about, and actually had a nice view of Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel, and trees (Room5223). The balcony was nice size.

We had such an amazing time, we expected crowds and ride closures, so we were really flexible. The food was great. The cast members were friendly. We did everything we wanted to. This trip was my bucket list trip and it was truly amazing.
Were some days the week of Thanksgiving more busy than others?

We were there Wednesday Thru Sunday. All days were really busy, It was much busier from 1pm-8pm on all days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter