Thanksgiving park availability

momto3pirates

DIS Veteran
We are planning a family reunion next Thanksgiving. I should have paid more attention this year, but alas I did not. I need to tell the group when they need to have tickets purchased and park reservations made. Any ideas how far out that week booked this year?

We are planning a family reunion next Thanksgiving. I should have paid more attention this year, but alas I did not. I need to tell the group when they need to have tickets purchased and park reservations made. Any ideas how far out that week booked this year?
I think it’s been less than a month ago (late September? early October?) that I began to see reports of a park closing to reservations (usually was the MK first to close). But the ideal situation is to buy tickets ASAP so you can book park reservations ASAP and won’t be shut out. I’d say at minimum 4 months out, 6 months better, early 2023 even better.

Like the post above said, there is no point in waiting. Ticket prices don't magically go down once the calendar is set (there may be a package discount later to watch for). If you know you are going and what those dates are, you can buy tickets and make reservations as soon as Disney ones the calendar for that period.

We are going this Thanksgiving week and I had been monitoring park reservations for a while prior to us buying our tickets (we needed to wait until after my husband recovered from surgery in early October to gauge whether going made sense). I noticed Magic Kingdom was the first to show unavailable for some days (but actually not Thanksgiving day)- that was probably around October 20th. I also see that on Oct 25th, I screen shot the availability for that week and the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were all booked for Magic Kingdom and a few of those days were also booked for Hollywood Studios. October 25th is when we made our park reservations. I have still been checking park availability every few days since then and I believe it was some time early last week that much of the week began to be full for both Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Hope this is helpful! We are looking forward to this trip as my we get to celebrate my husband being cancer FREE!

We are going this Thanksgiving week and I had been monitoring park reservations for a while prior to us buying our tickets (we needed to wait until after my husband recovered from surgery in early October to gauge whether going made sense). I noticed Magic Kingdom was the first to show unavailable for some days (but actually not Thanksgiving day)- that was probably around October 20th. I also see that on Oct 25th, I screen shot the availability for that week and the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were all booked for Magic Kingdom and a few of those days were also booked for Hollywood Studios. October 25th is when we made our park reservations. I have still been checking park availability every few days since then and I believe it was some time early last week that much of the week began to be full for both Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Hope this is helpful! We are looking forward to this trip as my we get to celebrate my husband being cancer FREE!
Congratulations to your DH and to you too on his being cancer free. BTDT, including the post treatment visit to WDW. Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter