• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving or No?

krisb1969

Earning My Ears
Hello All,
My 9 year old DD and I already have plans for DW in January, however I'm really drawn to adding a second last minute trip for next week to spend Thanksgiving Day at MK. I wish I could make up my mind...take the trip next week to be immersed in Disney Christmas :love:, or save the money for other things, including more things for the January trip. Sorry, hoping someone else can relate!!
Thank you!
Kris

My 17 yr old Daughter and I went last year just after Thanksgiving. It was her senior trip because she wanted to experience DW all decorated for Christmas.

Hello All,
My 9 year old DD and I already have plans for DW in January, however I'm really drawn to adding a second last minute trip for next week to spend Thanksgiving Day at MK. I wish I could make up my mind...take the trip next week to be immersed in Disney Christmas :love:, or save the money for other things, including more things for the January trip. Sorry, hoping someone else can relate!!
Thank you!
Kris
I can relate. I had a ten day trip in Augus, and I was on a quest to get a Figment Dream Friend, but they were always sold out. I saw online that they got more in, saw a really good Passholder rate at All Star Movies (renovated rooms :love:) and BOOM, I made a reservation on a Monday to check in on Tuesday for a short three day trip. I already had another trip booked for December, but didn’t want to wait that long. I got the Figment, and a cute shirt to wear to work for Halloween, so I think it was worth it. There have been plenty of other times I have considered it, and decided no as well.

Only you know whether the bonus trip will be worth it for you

We went two years ago for the week of Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving Day in Magic Kingdom and had a great time! We stayed until about 2pm and then headed back to the house. I’m sad I won’t be there next week!

We have done Thanksgiving several times and the crowds were much less I expected.
Love seeing the Christmas decorations up.

We are planning Thanksgiving day in MK. There is still adecent amount of FP's available, not for every ride but enough to give me hope it won't be as busy as crowd calendars predict!

Hello All,
Thank you!
Kris

I love the Christmas decorations. I wasn't really expecting it the first time I went as an adult since I had never been during that time and I didn't do quite enough research. I don't have kids, but I would be as tempted as you are for that last second trip were I in your shoes. I do want to do a Thankgiving or Christmas trip someday, but stay away for fear of crowds.

But as long as you're flexible and can roll with the punches that come with a last minute holiday visit I think it will be a great time for you and your daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter