Thanksgiving help

slp87

DIS Veteran
Thinking of going next year at Thanksgiving and wondering what is the best park to avoid crowds on Thanksgiving Day. Is Friday and the weekend crazy or manageable?

I cannot speak for Friday or the weekend, but we went to Epcot on Thanksgiving Day last year and will probably do so again next year. We went in the afternoon/evening. It was great.

Thinking of going next year at Thanksgiving and wondering what is the best park to avoid crowds on Thanksgiving Day. Is Friday and the weekend crazy or manageable?

We did Epcot 2 years ago on TGiving and are going again this year. We usually do school breaks and while Spring Break usually by crowd level ratings is "lower", we didn't feel a huge difference between that and Tgiving. I think the answer is that yes, the resort is very crowded and so if you are used to "dead" times it will feel different, but if you're used to school breaks or summer crowds, just have to manage as always, and the weather being what it is for TGiving (so mild and comfortable comparably) I think helps.

We did Epcot 2 years ago on TGiving and are going again this year. We usually do school breaks and while Spring Break usually by crowd level ratings is "lower", we didn't feel a huge difference between that and Tgiving. I think the answer is that yes, the resort is very crowded and so if you are used to "dead" times it will feel different, but if you're used to school breaks or summer crowds, just have to manage as always, and the weather being what it is for TGiving (so mild and comfortable comparably) I think helps.
Thanks! We typically go during spring break so we're use to dealing with some crowds.

We stopped going over Thanksgiving years ago. The crowds just got too insane. My favorite time is now May.

In our 2 Thanksgiving trips we found MK to be busy but manageable on Thanksgiving, but much more crowded on Black Friday. Of course we take advantage of early hours and FP. First time we planned early dinner at 1900PF so we'd be leaving if it was crazy, and second time we did lunch at LTT for same reason, but did not need to leave, but it was nice to have meal done early anyway. We love this time of year with getting to enjoy all the Christmas decor!

We have gone 3 times over Thanksgiving and plan on taking my little girl next year for her first trip over Thanksgiving as well. For Thanksgiving Day, we typically avoid MK. It is not as bad as it could be on Christmas Day, but it will be the most crowded park. In the past, we have usually gone to AK on Thanksgiving, but this was before Pandora opened up. For next year, Epcot may be a good bet and do the Candlelight Processional on Thanksgiving since starting this year they are starting it on Thanksgiving instead of on Black Friday. Epcot has plenty of holiday specific entertainment, so it may not be a bad park to visit to where you can see the storytellers and see the Candlelight later that evening. That would be my plan for next year, but I doubt my 18 month old would enjoy the Candlelight.

We liked HS back in 2016, but that won't work next year if Galaxy's Edge is open. If I was planning to be there in 2019, which I'm not, I would either do Epcot or plan to do activities outside of parks. I agree that the activities starting earlier at Epcot is a big plus, vs. everybody running to World Showcase on Black Friday for the first day of the festival.

We arrive every year on the Saturday following thanksgiving. That Saturday is pretty busy but crowds tend to die down on Sunday, and continue to lessen each day after. Beautiful time to be in WDW.

Thanksgiving has become one of our new favorites since we can only go during school holidays. We have had years where it was busier in the early part of the week and dead at the end of the week and then we have had the opposite. We typically do other parks on Thanksgiving other thank MK. This year we have a late lunch in Epcot and then will park hop to DHS for toys story FP and to see that park at night!

We have avoided MK on TG day past 3 years and spent the day at HS. Got there early and did everything, left and had traditional dinner at various restaurants. WCC and liberty tree tavern are our favorites so far

Significantly larger crowds the weekend after as well but manageable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter