Thanksgiving/Easter Dinner in room?

tinkandme

Mouseketeer
Does anyone here know if they still do dinners in the room at OKW for Thanksgiving/Easter? I've only heard of this, I've never done it. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!

We were there Thanksgiving 2000 (at OKW) and they were doing them then. As I remember, it was in the fall Vacation Magic - menu and price per person. We did not use this service, but instead I bought a dinner cooked at a grocery store (either Publix or Goodings, can't remember) and added my own extras to it. It was so nice to eat "at home" and not fight the crowds on Thanksgiving Day. The year before, we were also there, and my mom treated everyone to the buffet at the Grand Floridian (too expensive in my opinion.)

We have twice done the turkey dinner supplied by Olivia's at OKW and brought to your room. I have vowed to never do it again! We are a family of 6 and our kids are all teens so they are charged as adults. The bill came to approx $150 for a very measly meal and gratuities were not included. The first year we tipped both the carver and assistant and that was fine; the second year we did likewise and then found an additional 18% service charge on our bill at checkout! Needless to say we were not happy because we specifically asked our servers if the gratuities were included and they said no. Technically, it wasn't a lie, but they failed to mention that an additional amount would be added.
Anyhow, the food was just ho-hum. I was very miffed that they actually brought us a pumpkin pie with 2 pieces cut out (we were a party of 6, get it?) you would think that for $150 they could at least give you a whole pie! The turkey itself was good, but everybody wanted more mashed potatoes and of course there was more than enough bumpy cranberry sauce that just ended up being tossed! IMHO, it's just not worth the money.
That being said, I've also done the precooked dinner you can get at Goodings. Compared to what Disney charges, that's one of the few things that's actually a bargain at Goodings. We order extra side dishes as is necessary and pick up our own pies at the bakery. Together with a moderately priced bottle of wine, it comes to under $60 and everybody is happy with the meal. The down side is that it involves a bit more preparation on my part. The turkey needs to be warmed up several hours and all the sides need to be heated as well. I hate giving up valuable Disney time to put together a meal but i'm real sentimental about Thanksgiving. We'll be going again next year at this time and I'm really looking forward to hearing some suggestions as to where we might be able to get a traditional family style Thanksgiving meal on Disney property. Anybody out there know of any? I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter