Thanksgiving dinner- Whispering Canyon or Trails End?

DJmommy

DIS Veteran
We currently have a WC lunch reservation for Thanksgiving, however this morning I was able to snag a dinner reservation for Trails End. I want to cancel one or the other by the end of today... For those who have eaten at either or both, which one should I keep?

We have never eaten at TE but I always see great comments about it. I am assuming that this is a buffet, which might be better for my kids as they prefer other options in addition to any Thanksgiving options. We haven't eaten at WC in years - is there still a lot of fun interaction between waiters and guests? Should we expect that interaction to be limited with Thanksgiving being such a busy time? Also we would love to see WL Christmas decorations which is another reason to stick with WC. But I guess we could always take a boat ride over to WL as well.

What about price? I see no prices listed for either.

Help, so undecided.

Thanks

That's a tough one. Yes, they still do the antics at WCC, so if you would like something a little quieter, I would pick Trail's End. The good news is, even if you do pick Trail's End, you can always take the boat to stop at WL to see the decorations. I love WCC, but, personally, I would probably pick Trail's End for a little variety and a quieter meal. You can then visit the stables to see the horses and, again, still take the boat to WL to see the Christmas decorations.

We currently have a WC lunch reservation for Thanksgiving, however this morning I was able to snag a dinner reservation for Trails End. I want to cancel one or the other by the end of today... For those who have eaten at either or both, which one should I keep?

We have never eaten at TE but I always see great comments about it. I am assuming that this is a buffet, which might be better for my kids as they prefer other options in addition to any Thanksgiving options. We haven't eaten at WC in years - is there still a lot of fun interaction between waiters and guests? Should we expect that interaction to be limited with Thanksgiving being such a busy time? Also we would love to see WL Christmas decorations which is another reason to stick with WC. But I guess we could always take a boat ride over to WL as well.

What about price? I see no prices listed for either.

Help, so undecided.

Thanks

We love TE, but have never had Thanksgiving dinner there. You can check the prices at Allears.net. We ate at WWC once, but prefer quieter places to dine without the antics.

I would say stick with WCC. We did Trail’s End about 5 years ago and did not have a great experience. It was so crowded we were taken well past our ADR time of 4:30 pm and it felt so stuffed in there and food kept running out. We did Boma at AKL a few years ago around the same time and loved it! We did not have a wait and they had a nice mix of Thanksgiving food plus their regular food.

If you do pick Trail's End be sure to do a review. It is one of a few restaurants in WDW that we have never tried (we love HDDR).

A couple of years ago we had thanksgiving at TE! We loved it! Price was reasonable too!

Do they serve traditional Thanksgiving faire at the Thanksgiving dinner? (Turkey, stuffing, cranberry:crazy:...). Thanks!

We had Thanksgiving dinner two years ago at TE and we did not have a good experience, at least for us. We would not doing it again.

We went to Trails End last year and we had a bad experience also.

We have been to trails end before and liked it a lot! This time it was rough!

We waited almost an hour and a half past our ADR time. It was packed and very loud. They had to add some tables to the restaurant and ours was super wobbly and we had old metal chairs that were terrible. We were also shoved into a corner and could barely get around the table we were squeezed in beside of!

The root vegetables were under cooked and the strawberry shortcake dessert we liked so much on our previous trip was stale. It was gross.

Needless to say we aren't going back this trip for Thanksgiving dinner, we are going to Biergarten. :)

I just made a reservation for Trails End Thanksgiving Dinner. Reading some of these reviews makes me nervous.

Does anyone have any experience to share from last year or specific reason you did not enjoy the meal?

WCC is no longer doing the crazy antics. This hasn't been announced officially by Disney but they did send this tweet out in response to a guest comment:

11 May
Are the rumors about Whispering Canyon true? Do we need to cancel our reservation there for July? @WDWToday @amanda_psu https://twitter.com/wdwtoday/status/987314955933437952 …

@WDWToday

Hi Randy. We are continuously updating our offerings throughout Walt Disney World Resort and are currently working on what's next for Whispering Canyon. We apologize for any disappointments and will pass along any feedback to the appropriate leadership teams.

6:42 AM - May 12, 2018

Based on that Tweet, it's safe to say the antics are gone. So depending on what you are looking for at Thanksgiving it might actually be a nice and quiet place to dine. After reading that Tweet, I decided to make a ressie here. Our family has never dined at WCC, but the antics are not our thing. But the skillet is my DH's favorite meal so I know he will be in heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter