Thanksgiving Day Parade thread

For the first time, I caught the end of it on youtube this morning since we don't have cable and I woke up late. Then watched the cliff notes version of it on youtube. By going this route, I noticed how much the networks cut out of the parade when they broadcast it. Liked the train float and will catch the parade live on youtube from now on.

For the first time, I caught the end of it on youtube this morning since we don't have cable and I woke up late. Then watched the cliff notes version of it on youtube. By going this route, I noticed how much the networks cut out of the parade when they broadcast it. Liked the train float and will catch the parade live on youtube from now on.
Thanks for posting this. I didn’t know that they showed it on youtube. I hate the network coverage.

I watched part of the Macy's parade. Too many Broadway performances for me. In my opinion they are like commercials for their show. They should have a separate show for them. Parades are for floats, balloons and marching groups. That said I will watch the entire thing next year as my niece's dance competition team in Omaha has a standing invitation to march and they are thinking they will participate again next year.

I’m a native New Yorker (from the suburbs) and the Macy’s parade is a Thanksgiving tradition that my family enjoys. I’ve been to see it in person several times over the years, and have also gone a few times the day before to watch the balloon inflation.

I watched part of the Macy's parade. Too many Broadway performances for me. In my opinion they are like commercials for their show.
That’s exactly what they are intended to be. The whole parade in fact, I’d consider a commercial for NYC/Broadway tourism. The Broadway acts are done for the TV audience. Those performers don’t march in the parade and most of the people watching on the street never see them, since the viewing area in front of Macy’s/Herald Square is reserved for VIPs and Macy’s employees.

I happen to love the Broadway performances. Was great to see Harry Connick as Daddy Warbucks. And for what it’s worth, it is especially meaningful
this year, coming back after Broadway was completely shut down for so long during the pandemic. The theater industry employs tens of thousands of people and has a huge effect on the city’s economy.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter