Thanks to these boards-WDW vet had the best time as a Disneyland Rookie!

RysMomma

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to say thank you to all of you! I’ve been to WDW several times, as have my children. We got lucky with a trip to LA and decided to do a one day experience at Disneyland. I read these boards and asked questions and it was probably the best day ever for my kids and myself! We wish we had more time but we took what we had and had a blast! We’re already planning our return, this time with my husband who couldn’t come bc he had to work! I’ll be asking you for the best local hotels soon, hopefully! Thanks again!

That's wonderful, RysMomma! I've been to WDW multiple times and really enjoyed it, but to me, there's nothing like visiting Walt's original park, so it's delightful when someone gets to experience it for the first time!

Glad to hear you had a great time. I agree, this board is an awesome source of helpful information. The ppl on here are great and offer really good advice. So being a typical dad, I don't post a lot but have been lately. Maybe it is the positive vibes that have drawn me in lately?! Or that I am going again in Jan?!
Anyway, I like to say that if your weren't able to do everything or needed more time at the parks it gives you a great excuse to start planning your next trip as you are doing.
When it comes to the motels/hotels you will have no shortage of helpful insights :)

Yay!! So happy your trip was such a success! Thanks for reporting back 😊

That's great to hear. It still amazes me how many east coasters don't enjoy Disneyland and west coasters don't enjoy Disney World. They are both special in their own ways but just not comparable.
I am a West Coaster and love them both equally. Asking me to choose would be like asking me to choose my favorite child. I'm always surprised too that some people seem to have such a strong preference for one or the other -they're both amazing and very different.

The sport is extremely helpful and friendly. I love it here.

OP I'm glad you had such a great trip!

That's great to hear. It still amazes me how many east coasters don't enjoy Disneyland and west coasters don't enjoy Disney World. They are both special in their own ways but just not comparable.
If you go to Disneyland expecting the live entertainment, resorts, and scale of WDW you’ll be underwhelmed, and if you go to WDW expecting the ease, simplicity, and parks full of rides of DLR you will be more or less infuriated by everything.

I much much much prefer Disneyland, but I absolutely get why many of my fellow WDW-first folk don’t love it.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you! I’ve been to WDW several times, as have my children. We got lucky with a trip to LA and decided to do a one day experience at Disneyland. I read these boards and asked questions and it was probably the best day ever for my kids and myself! We wish we had more time but we took what we had and had a blast! We’re already planning our return, this time with my husband who couldn’t come bc he had to work! I’ll be asking you for the best local hotels soon, hopefully! Thanks again!
Spill the beans....what did you find most helpful? We are going in Sept...1st timers too! Thanks!

Well, I asked for advice on what was better to hit first-in our case, we did Disneyland first and got on all the classic rides that we wanted to. I also had some questions about what time to leave since we were staying in LA and everyone was SO helpful with that. We left at 6:30 AM to get to Disneyland-probably a little later than I would have wanted to, but, I had to choose my battles with the 15 year old bear who likes to sleep until noon! LOL! But, honestly, our whole week was incredible in LA, but if you ask my kids what their favorite part was, they say it was Disneyland. We just loved seeing where everything started (They've both done WDW three times and three cruises, and we're going back in a few weeks) so seeing Walt's original dream and how he envisioned things at that time was just so amazing!

I am an East Coaster who appreciates both WDW and DL. I don't feel strongly about either coast and shake my head when anyone gets defensive over either coast. WDW will always be my go-to because of its proximity, but I try to mix in DL since WDW lacks Walt's touches, Mr. Toad, Toontown, other Fantasyland dark rides, and RSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter