Thanks to everyone on this board for making our first visit great!

asta

DIS Veteran
I had posted here before asking if it was worth it to try Disneyland if we only had one day. I am thankful for those of you who encouraged us to go. We went last Tuesday, 7/18 and had a great time. It was a busy day but we hit the highlights and did both Disneyland and Cal. Adventure. As WDW vets we were able to pick just the right amount of things to experience. The only disappointments were the fast passes being gone for Gaurdians and the RSR when we entered the park early afternoon (we did Disneyland first). We ended up doing single rider for RSR and that wasn't too bad. I loved that ride! We waited in far too long of a line for Guardians. Good ride but I thought the extremely slow moving line would be the end of me. Disliked the new Soarin'. The curvature was terrible for the tall monuments. I could watch the old Soarin' over and over if WDW would let me. Also did the WOC dessert party and loved it. Expensive but what a way to treat ourselves!

In one day we did Pirates, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, it's a small world, Matterhorn, Peter Pan, Space Mtn, Blue Bayou lunch, Guardians, RSR, Soarin', Screamin', Swings and WOC dessert party.

Last edited:
That was one of the busiest days of the summer, so I'm so glad to hear you had fun in spite of the crowds!

So glad you had a great day! And I agree about Soarin. I don't like to ride in either of the side sections because I cannot get over the curvature. Sounds like you hit a lot of the high points in both parks though and I am glad you decided to go!

So glad you had a great day! And I agree about Soarin. I don't like to ride in either of the side sections because I cannot get over the curvature. Sounds like you hit a lot of the high points in both parks though and I am glad you decided to go!

I agree! The distortion is awful. I loved the original version so much more! Now I only go on Soarin' once each trip... and even then, I kind of feel like a pest asking to wait for the center section, but I can't stand to see it any other way. I just don't understand how that got past any kind of quality control review. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter