THANKS to all Californians

DisLUV

DIS Veteran
I just returned to Louisiana from my 5 day trip to So Cal and I just want to say what a wonderful place that area is. I actually went to So Cal for a Music Conference at Saddleback Church (which was awsome but I wont talk about that here, PM me for more info on that)! A wonderful couple in my church provided me with a 2 day park hopper pass to DL and I was able to use it very well. I hated to leave the DW and children at home but it was a very relaxing trip.

Here are some Disneyland observations from a lifelong Disney world FAN. these are not meant to be mean in anyway just some observations from a first time Socal and DL visitor:

#1 - I can see how the magic started there.... I love how DL can make you forget Harbor BLV is right outside the fence

#2 - To the host at Blue Bayou, thanks for finding a seat for the Louisiana guy even though yall were booked until 4 day later!

#3 - To my waiter at Blue bayou, No the Mint Julep is not something we drink every day down here. He told me that Louisiana people drink it all the time. I said "Really"! He said "Oh yes sir they love it" I said I have never had one and I SIR AM FROM THE GREAT SOUTHERN STATE OF LOUISIANA!!!! The i got up on the table and sang I wish I WISH I WAS IN DIXIE!!! (Ok just kidding) anyway I like mint juleps NOW!!!! :-)

#3 - A bit of Education here for everyone ..... Jambalaya is browned rice with meat cooked down in it. The dish at the French Market of White Rice with a read Sauce Picant on it is not Jambalaya!!! BUT IT IS TASTY!!!!!!!

#4 - Thank God Mr. Toads Wild Ride is still alive.... I tried to jump out during the ride and never leave it but I thought better of it and just enjoyed it for what it was!!!

#5 - I love your Space mountain, TiKi Room, and the new POTC!!!

#6 - California Adventure - Love everything including Cali Screaming but Paradise Pier, just not for me

#7 - I want to stay at the Grand California Hotel.. Love the look

#8 - I could ride the DL railroad all day!!!

Ok that is enough for now. I will wait and tell you about my experience of RENTAL CAR vs COYOTE

Until next time from cajun land

Glad you hear you had a great time DisLuv! I'm always so thrilled when people return from their DLR trip and post great things about it. Hope you are out here again sometime and are able to enjoy the magic. Till then, I'll have a dole whip for you!

I'm glad you had such a great time!

A co-worker friend of mine goes to Saddleback Church & is very involved there (goes on the mens' retreats all the time). I often tell him that people here on the DIS mention that church a lot (in comparison to others).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter