Thanks MDE for showing me the value of my DVC upcoming trip :)

I'm confused. You have a DVC reservation. You're signed in to MDE on the web (I think). You hover over the cart and see your already booked DVC reservation listed and the theoretical cash price? Apart from it being a DVC and not cash reservation, why would it be in the cart if you already booked it? I'm not disputing your anecdote, and if this is just some weird glitchy thing I don't expect you to have an answer for why it happens. But not only can I not replicate it with my existing DVC reservation (my cart is empty as I would expect) I cannot make sense of it. Am I misunderstanding something?
Yep it happened exactly as you summarized. I agree it was a weird tech glitch — even for Disney. Fortunately nothing in that weird glitch did anything to my existing reservation and we are all set to and have a magical time.

I would also like to know that answer.
It happened exactly as I posted. It gets your attention when you get a pop up showing a cart with a total number close to $20k.
Can we get back to this question to the OP, how and where do you see this in MDE?
I was on my desktop on MDE reviewing my upcoming plans and i got a pop up about a crazy number in my cart as I was scrolling around. I thought it was funny and that is why I shared the crazy glitch. I’m hoping I get another glitch this week that snags me a Via Napoli reservation which still eludes me. :rolleyes1

You did it in the app?

Mine doesn't have any ability to check availability or anything like that. Just has the ability to modify my check in.
I just pretended I was looking to make a ressie an
You did it in the app?

Mine doesn't have any ability to check availability or anything like that. Just has the ability to modify my check in.
[/QUOTE
I pretended I was making a new ressie and added 6-5day tickets and that's what it came out to.

Last edited:

I’m hoping I get another glitch this week that snags me a Via Napoli reservation which still eludes me. :rolleyes1
I'm happy to report I did have another "glitch" this week and was successful at snagging my elusive Via Napoli reservation. As for my other glitch, it's still there but all is well with my DVC reservation and we are looking forward to having a magical time. :flower1:

I guess they are clicking on the resort in MDE and then putting their dates in to check availability and seeing that number/price. It doesn't just "show up" anywhere that I can readily see.
This is what I wondered. When I go into MDE and hover the cart, it says 0 and I have 2 trips planned.

We are at the Riviera for 4 nights in February, coming in at just under $5900, (without taxes) for a 2 Br. preferred, if we paid cash. Our annual dues for the year were $3700. And we still have an 8 night stay in a 3 br Grand Villa at the end of September and enough points for our early December week stay! I guess we can see the savings!!

Date RangeSeasonCabin3 Bedroom Grand Villa
Jan 1-Jan 2New Years$3583$3774
Jan 3-Jan 6Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
Jan 7-Jan 9Marathon$3099$3269
Jan 10-Jan 14Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
Jan 15-Jan 17MLK Day$2819$2977
Jan 18-Feb 10Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
List prices for CC GV and cabins, does ANYONE ever pay this much, or just a price to make DVC'ers think they are getting a great deal?
I say the later. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter