Thanks MDE for showing me the value of my DVC upcoming trip :)

lisah0711

♥ her Disney office
We are heading to WDW the first week of January. As I was on MDE this morning fine tuning things due to changes in park hours, my cursor hovered over the cart and up pops an eye opening number just shy of $20K! And apparently that was just for the room and tax. :rotfl2: That's about $30 a point for our cabin at Copper Creek. I don't know if this is something that was always there on MDE or whether it was just a glitch but it did give me a chuckle and I knew this crowd would appreciate it.

Wow! I’m going to play today to see if it shows my January trip and what it cost.

It certainly does make you happy to see that and know it’s not your bill!!!!!

I do this all the time - I get a huge kick out of seeing how much rack rate is - even at discounts - because we typically do one bedrooms or up, it's a savings.

BUT - i will caution in the event that anyone on the fence buying DVC may read this - if you don't need that much space or want that much room and you usually do smaller rooms or don't spend as much time in your room or you dont CARE about the room - i'm sure it's cheaper NOT owning DVC.

we: love the space (don't need it) love a full kitchen, love a washer/dryer/ love spending time in the resort and the room, and room is very important to us. sooo YES I AGREE.

BUT - i will caution in the event that anyone on the fence buying DVC may read this - if you don't need that much space or want that much room and you usually do smaller rooms or don't spend as much time in your room or you dont CARE about the room - i'm sure it's cheaper NOT owning DVC.

That is great advice! Yes, this trip was a big point burner due to cancelling an earlier trip and starting a new use year. You definitely can get much better bang for your buck but this is a special trip to celebrate an upcoming graduation and a splurge.

@Sandisw , I thought I quoted you in a reply but sadly my Disboards skills are a little rusty. LOL

Date RangeSeasonCabin3 Bedroom Grand Villa
Jan 1-Jan 2New Years$3583$3774
Jan 3-Jan 6Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
Jan 7-Jan 9Marathon$3099$3269
Jan 10-Jan 14Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
Jan 15-Jan 17MLK Day$2819$2977
Jan 18-Feb 10Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
List prices for CC GV and cabins, does ANYONE ever pay this much, or just a price to make DVC'ers think they are getting a great deal?

Date RangeSeasonCabin3 Bedroom Grand Villa
Jan 1-Jan 2New Years$3583$3774
Jan 3-Jan 6Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
Jan 7-Jan 9Marathon$3099$3269
Jan 10-Jan 14Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
Jan 15-Jan 17MLK Day$2819$2977
Jan 18-Feb 10Value$2350/$2563$2482/$2706
List prices for CC GV and cabins, does ANYONE ever pay this much, or just a price to make DVC'ers think they are getting a great deal?

I know of a few people who have...but, they are in a tax bracket much different than me so for them, those prices mean nothing! Lol

Well, if they are just prices to entice us to think we are getting a good deal, I confess it does work for this DVC’er anyway. LOL I’m sure there are people who do pay those crazy prices. This crazy prices are the reason we became DVC members in 2006. We had been staying in junior suites at WL and I knew that we were going to be priced out of staying where we wanted quite quickly. Thanks for the great chart!

I always assume I need to discount those rates 25-35% to get the normal cash rate comparison.

We are heading to WDW the first week of January. As I was on MDE this morning fine tuning things due to changes in park hours, my cursor hovered over the cart and up pops an eye opening number just shy of $20K! And apparently that was just for the room and tax. :rotfl2: That's about $30 a point for our cabin at Copper Creek. I don't know if this is something that was always there on MDE or whether it was just a glitch but it did give me a chuckle and I knew this crowd would appreciate it.
I'm confused. You have a DVC reservation. You're signed in to MDE on the web (I think). You hover over the cart and see your already booked DVC reservation listed and the theoretical cash price? Apart from it being a DVC and not cash reservation, why would it be in the cart if you already booked it? I'm not disputing your anecdote, and if this is just some weird glitchy thing I don't expect you to have an answer for why it happens. But not only can I not replicate it with my existing DVC reservation (my cart is empty as I would expect) I cannot make sense of it. Am I misunderstanding something?

Agreed. We always drive so we never use MDE anymore, but I can't even imagine what you guys are talking about. How do you even get to this site?

(I think I may have confused the issue here in my own confusion thinking I had read DME somewhere and apparently I hadn't. See my posts below.)

Last edited:
DME ,as in Disney Magical Express? Now that is weird. With my wife retiring in JuneYAY and I did last April I can't imagine us not driving unless it's for a quick. last minute trip.

I'm confused. You have a DVC reservation. You're signed in to MDE on the web (I think). You hover over the cart and see your already booked DVC reservation listed and the theoretical cash price? Apart from it being a DVC and not cash reservation, why would it be in the cart if you already booked it? I'm not disputing your anecdote, and if this is just some weird glitchy thing I don't expect you to have an answer for why it happens. But not only can I not replicate it with my existing DVC reservation (my cart is empty as I would expect) I cannot make sense of it. Am I misunderstanding something?

Can we get back to this question to the OP, how and where do you see this in MDE?

I guess they are clicking on the resort in MDE and then putting their dates in to check availability and seeing that number/price. It doesn't just "show up" anywhere that I can readily see.

I guess they are clicking on the resort in MDE and then putting their dates in to check availability and seeing that number/price. It doesn't just "show up" anywhere that I can readily see.
I think that is it as well. Unfortunately my resort is showing no availability for my dates and room type, so I can't play. But maybe closer to my trip.

But even then, you shouldn't have to start booking and check the Cart to see the cost. The screen would tell you up front.

Ok so I just did it for giggles. 10/11/-18 OKW 2 Bedroom villa 6 5 day base no PH tickets. $10,981 before taxes. Yowzer!!!

Ok so I just did it for giggles. 10/11/-18 OKW 2 Bedroom villa 6 5 day base no PH tickets. $10,981 before taxes. Yowzer!!!

You did it in the app?

Mine doesn't have any ability to check availability or anything like that. Just has the ability to modify my check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter