Thanks Figaro!

belle41379

Disney is my happy place.
Thank you for responding to my post on the parks board! I do have another question. So, when I go to the rides, I will be able to be pushed through the line, or as we call them, the "twistie-turnies"? As for the rides that I cannot, I have to get a fastpass, then can be pushed through that entrance? Can you still only get a fastpass every few hours? I'm sorry for asking all these questions, but this is new to me and I want to make sure I do the right things. I am not allowed to walk very far at all, so I will even have to take it easy walking from the resort bus to the entrance. Thanks for your help!

You are welcome, belle41379!

"So, when I go to the rides, I will be able to be pushed through the line, or as we call them, the "twistie-turnies"?

Exactly! That's how the mainstream queues are handled and when you get to the end of the line there will be a CM to tell you where to park the wheelchair. On Pirates of the Caribbean you can stay in the chair throughout the entire queue and then the wheelchair will be folded up and put in the back of the boat for the end of the ride. The CM will direct you to the elevator (can't use the moving up sidewalk with a wheelchair) there.

Each park has a guidebook for guests with disabilities and all you have to do is ask at Guest Relations and they will give it to you. This has every single ride listed and how the wheelchair is handled.

"As for the rides that I cannot, I have to get a fastpass, then can be pushed through that entrance?"

You will stay in the wheelchair and go through the fast pass line in the wheelchair. At the end of that line the CM will tell you where to park the wheelchair.

"Can you still only get a fastpass every few hours?"

You can usually get another fastpass as soon as the time on the one you have opens up. So if you can use the fastpass at 10:15, then you can get another fastpass at 10:15. If the fastpasses are gone, just find a CM and they will usually give you a piece of paper where they write down a time to come back to the ride that is what it would be if there was a fastpass available, at least this is what has happened to us.

The resort and park wheelchairs are big old, heavy and not all that comfortable. Most people here recommend renting from an off-site place, which is cheaper than renting from Disney, you will have the wheelchair at the resort and Downtown Disney with no risk of running out of wheelchairs if you park hop and the wheelchairs are in MUCH better shape....lighter and more comfortable to ride in. You might also consider renting an ECV from an off-site vendor if money isn't an issue.

Take a look at any of the threads here with wheelchair or ECV in the title and there will be a ton of information. Any other questions, feel free to ask, as the people here are just great!

Oh, and if you get overheated and need to lie down, the First Aid Centers are wonderful for that.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter