Thanking a Cast Member While in Parks - Is This Doable?

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
I like to thank and recognize cast members. I always make a note of every cast member who goes above and beyond. I note their name, date, approximate time and which park I am in when it happens. I always send an email to Guest Relations when I get home with those details. (I do not wish to take time out of my park day to wait in line at guest relations or chicken peck a message on my phone) It is important to me that each of them are recognized, however, and that is why I email GR when I get home.

I like to make cards with paper crafting/die cutting. These are above and beyond anything you could print out or buy at a store. I considered making some that are either beautiful thank you cards or cards that look like Disney popcorn carts or even Mickey or Minnie cupcakes. In it I would hand write a note letting the cast member know that i appreciated what they did and that a compliment is going to be sent to guest relations. Are they able to accept something like that from a guest? It will not include anything of monetary value.

Not sure about whether you can give them something or not but did you know you can give a cast compliment on the MDE app. now? It's easy and you won't forget since you can do it right away.
:thumbsup2 This is the way. Noticed this on my recent trip and it's a great idea.
Would not want to give a CM something physical that they then need to figure out what to do with it / where to put it while "on stage." And the compliments can be seen by people able to monetarily reward them.

I love this idea and the sweet intent behind it so much! It's nothing physical, but as noted above, you can do cast compliments on MDE. It's SO fast and so easy to do, and it's ensures that their supervisors see that they're doing a good job, which can lead to better opportunities/bonuses/perks for them.

Agreed - we've used the option in MDE a few times. We honestly hope it means something and goes to someone who cares, and might reward the cast member.

I found some cute Disney themed thank you cards on Etsy. I handed them out on our last trip and would take a picture of the CM with the card. That gave me the info I needed to use cast compliments. All the CMs seemed very pleased to receive something especially since it was so small.

I like to thank and recognize cast members. I always make a note of every cast member who goes above and beyond. I note their name, date, approximate time and which park I am in when it happens. I always send an email to Guest Relations when I get home with those details. (I do not wish to take time out of my park day to wait in line at guest relations or chicken peck a message on my phone) It is important to me that each of them are recognized, however, and that is why I email GR when I get home.

I like to make cards with paper crafting/die cutting. These are above and beyond anything you could print out or buy at a store. I considered making some that are either beautiful thank you cards or cards that look like Disney popcorn carts or even Mickey or Minnie cupcakes. In it I would hand write a note letting the cast member know that i appreciated what they did and that a compliment is going to be sent to guest relations. Are they able to accept something like that from a guest? It will not include anything of monetary value.
not sure if doable but where is CM to put card while still on clock? also the Email at GS allows higher ups to see record of it

If you are sending the email, that is the part that will help them in their position and with management. If you hand them a card, it will put a smile on their face. I have given CMs cards that had a pin attached to it (nothing for trading) and they were touched each time. If it is something you want to do, go for it. :)

For the record, I have given CMs gifts. Had one that went way over the top for me and we had a great friendly connection during the experience and I got her a $50 Disney gift card as a thank you. I asked her manager first if I could give it to her and they told me it would be okay. She was shocked and it made her cry and she did not even know what was in the envelope. Some guests are horrible. I think there are some CMs who are touched when a guest is very kind to them.

Although a GREAT idea to give CM a physical item, cm has not where to keep/store while they work.
The MDE is so much better. Their supervisor has a copy of comment. It is recorded on their record.

If it's small enough, it can fit in a pocket. I think it can be a nice gesture to give the CM a small note as long as it's followed up by submitting a Cast Compliment. It is nice for the CM to know they are appreciated by a guest on the spot, it can change the day for a CM.

I saw a woman doing this at Magic Kingdom earlier this month. They weren’t full cards (similar in size to a business card) and the CMs seemed genuinely happy and appreciative. I think it’s a really nice gesture

My daughter just completed her DCP and received a few "trinkets" whether it be a note card, pin, keychain, etc and they always made her day. She would just light up for being recognized by a guest. The cards would be cherished keepsakes for the cast members no doubt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter