Thankgiving at WDW

smallworldgirl

Mouseketeer
Looking for suggestions on where to have thanksgiving day turkey dinner - we are on the dining plan, Liberty Tree Tavern is booked. Christmas decorations - will they be up by November 25? When do visits with Santa & the santas in the countries start in Epcot? I saw something about a food festival at Epcot - when does it start - any great eats? How likely is it to be able to see the candlelight processional without a ticket? I know the back rows are open seating. How early would we have to get in line? Any show less crowded than others? We are coming the week before Thanksgiving until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving - any suggestions on special activities this time of the year besides the christmas party?

What resort are you staying at?
We ate at Olivia's at OKW for Thanksgiving and it was excellent.
You should be able to see all the Christmas decorations and Santas anywhere, throughout your stay .
Epcot's Food and Wine festival will be over before you arrive.
Candlelight processional you should be able to get in but you may have to stand in the back if there is a popular speaker.
I would tour the deluxe resorts to see the different Christmas decorations. Yacht Club, Beach Club,
Animal Kingdom, Floridian, Wilderness Lodge are my favorites,

The Santas will be around world showcase. I would recommend the candlelight earlier in your visit when crowds will be lower than later in the week. The earlier show was less crowded when we were there. I would line up 45 to 60 minutes beforehand.

We always arrive the Saturday after thanksgiving and all Christmas decorations and offerings are active by then. If you want to get into CP without the meal package you’ll have to line up very early.

For dinner alternatives, what about Whispering Canyon at WL? Or we've had some great meals at Grand Floridian Cafe. I'm not sure if either will have a special menu for the holiday but I like that both places are close to MK so transport to/from should not be too bad.

We love Thanksgiving Dinner at Boma.

At Disney Springs they have the Christmas Tree Trail. We also like resort hopping to see the decorations at the deluxe resorts. Also, really enjoy the storytellers at Epcot and the Candlelight Processional.

We love Thanksgiving Dinner at Boma.

At Disney Springs they have the Christmas Tree Trail. We also like resort hopping to see the decorations at the deluxe resorts. Also, really enjoy the storytellers at Epcot and the Candlelight Processional.
What is the christmas tree trail?

They have Christmas Trees decorated in different themes with some snow and refreshments if I remember correctly.

I would also suggest Olivia’s. We ate there for Thanksgiving and it was excellent. Traditional Thanksgiving dinner

Storytellers in World Showcase and Candlelight Processional, plus MVMCP, all won’t start until 11/29, I believe. Whispering Canyon had a special meal last year, ham and turkey and fixings; it was good but the only dessert was pumpkin pie (which 3 of the 4 of us don’t eat—more for me LOL). You likely won’t know the menus, only which restaurants will have a special menu, at your 180 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter