Thankful but also a little Wishing

Very thankful for the opportunity to try other cruise lines. Many great features but the biggest difference are the cast/crew members. Disney crew members rock!!!
My wife and I have been on several Disney cruises, 16 for her, 14 for me (she did a B2B last summer on the Wish that due to the vaccine requirement I wasn't allowed to go on). We often travel with friends and family that are unwilling to pay the premium that Disney charges, so we have also been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises. We really enjoyed them both, and would definitely go again if the opportunity arose. And we are booked on our first Norwegian cruise in October and are really looking forward to that. That being said, we really do prefer Disney for many reasons. But, as you stated, one of the biggest is the cast/crew. The Disney people just seem happier and friendlier. We went on a 5 night on the Wonder in December out of San Diego and ran into a cast member we hadn't seen in at least 10 years, Oksana in merchandise, and SHE REMEMBERED US! We were wandering through the shops and she approached us and said, "I know you guys. You've cruised with us before. You're from Nevada, right?" You said it, "Disney crew members rock!!!."

I sailed on Carnival in January 2020 (not my choice, it was for a friend's bachelorette party). When we were docked in Nassau one of the DCL ships was two 'spots' over. Made me quite wistful, so I understand your feeling!

We've cruised on several different cruise lines. These days we mostly concentrate on Royal Caribbean, although our last cruise was on Celebrity. But we did the Disney Wish twice last year.

We gravitate more to Royal because of better prices on basically the same itinerary. I should add that we prefer to sail in suit/concierge class cabins.

Me, too! I went on a Carnival ship in 2016. It was cheap and I have to say the food was good. But the cabin and the ship were sad. A lot of plastic seating, smoke, small pool. . . . and as we left Port Canaveral I looked over and had this view . . . . NO!!! I WANT TO BE ON THE FANTASY!!!!! LET ME OFF!!!

Port Canaveral.jpg

We were on a 4-night Wish sailing in August, but followed it up with 3 nights on RCCL. We'd only sailed Disney up to that point and figured it fit well to add it on. We enjoyed Royal okay, but DCL is where our preference is. We took SO MANY pictures of the Wish from our second cruise. In Port Canaveral and again in Nassau!

Try to focus on the unique aspects of Royal - the water theater, carousel, ice skating (those are on oasis class).

What we didn’t realize - no self-launderette. Whoops!

Really enjoyed the lunch available in Central Park (also somewhere near 270 on other ships).

Going in knowing it will be different can help. It is not a Disney cruise. But it is what most cruiser lines offer.

And, remember, you are saving money!
Yes, you're totally right. I told the kids we cannot compare. They're different cruise Iines and we're lucky that we get to go on both! We know not everyone is afforded this opportunity! Thanks for your response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter