• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank You Pete, DIS & Everyone!

kimber827

Earning My Ears
I arrived home yesterday evening to find my wife screaming in excitement; I immediately apologized for what ever I had done just to be safe. After sitting down she began to read me Pete's e-mail and cry. The e-mail was to inform her she had won the DIS contest. I can not explain how much this gift means to the both of us. My wife and I have been together since we were 16 (now 32 but don’t tell her I told) and have definitely lived a fairy tale life together. From the moment we met we just clicked and have been inseparable ever since. We have taken our annual Disney vacation for a number of years and since our marriage have made it our anniversary celebration (Aug 22nd).

Unfortunately in June of this year my father was diagnosed with cancer and we made several unexpected trips to Florida to be with him. I am self-employed and if I do not work I don’t get paid so the trips quickly depleted our funds. Three days ago I sat down and went over our finances and it appeared that there would be no trip this year. When I had to tell my wife she was very understanding but I could tell how upset she was. That evening we canceled all our reservations and the trip was official off. I wanted this trip so much for us, there is so much magic between us and it feels like our celebration in Disney makes it all complete.

I just wanted to personally thank Pete, DIS and everyone who works and posts on this forum. With everything that has happened over the past few months this truly feels like “Time to remember the magic”.

Jim Pomarico

congrats.jpg

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Jim, we will keep him in our prayers but I am SO thrilled for you and Kimberly. I think this is just what the doctor ordered for you.
Have a happy Anniversary!!!
CC

That is a GREAT note.... so glad that you won!

Here's hoping that you have a FANTASTIC memorable vacation!!!!

:D :D :D

Sounds like you needed some good news. Congratulations, and have a great trip.

Congratulations!!
You two need a nice vacation. Hope you have a wonderful time!

What a <b>magical</b> story! Congratulations on winning the contest and have a wonderful anniversary.

Katholyn

How wonderful for you both. I know it's tough with an ilness in the family, but sometimes you need the break to keep your spirits up and to be there for your family. Have a wonderful trip and I'll keep your Dad in my prayers.

This could not have happened to a more appropriate couple. Wonderful!!! I will remember your dad in my prayers and do wish you and Kim a most happy anniversary in a few days. :sunny:

so sorry to hear about Dad......I am very happy there is some light for ya thou......witht he Annivarsay coming up.....this is surely a "happy" thing!!! enjoy....and I am very happy for the both of you!! Happy Annv!!

congratspatilrmd.gif

It sounds like a trip to see the mouse is what you need! Have a wonderful vacation, I will remember your father in my prayers also:)

Wow! I just have to echo what Dan said.... it could not have happened to a more appropriate couple! It sounds like the work of Pixie Dust and miracles if you ask me. CONGRATULATIONS to Jim and Kim!!!

Congratulations on winning! So sorry to hear about your father, sending some {{{pixie dust}}}. Your story is so touching, I'm wishing you both a fabulous trip!

What a great story. I love it when good things happen to good people. Have fun on your trip!

Wishing you congratulations on your trip, and hoping things start to look brighter for the two of you soon

OMG, I'm crying! This is such WONDERFUL news! I love it when good things happen to good people, it sounds like you really deserve and need this trip!

I hope you have a blast!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Congrats! That is great news. Happy anniversary to you and your wife. Have fun and try to find me when I'm down there. I'll be working at Disney starting next week. I'll post on the DIS where and work and stuff.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter