• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank you and some hints

Sheree

DIS Veteran
Just returned from 2 nights at DLP and 4 nights in Paris.
Stayed club level Sequoia. AC was just ok but fortunately not too hot out. rooms definitely need updating. had to unplug coffee maker to have outlet. none by bathroom sink
club lounge was nice. teatime had lots of things to eat, water and soda all day. Breakfast was very good

thank you to the person who alerted me to the green pass for disability.
not only is there a separate entrance into the park but we hardly waited on any lines. Taking 2 pre teen boys for their first trip anywhere it made a huge difference. they loved avenger campus.

as WDW veterans my son and I enjoyed the lower crowds. even without the pass most lines looked to be less than 30 minutes and many rides had single rider lines that were almost walk on

we didn't do any shows, did catch one parade.

i bought the photopass and other than ride photos we only saw 1 other photographer. nothing down main st towards castle surprisingly

food was meh. first night steakhouse was not good, other than my skirt steak. Plaza Garden buffet was actually better. Lunch lines were long did casey's 2nd day mobile order.

definitely less merch than wdw. world of disney much much smaller.

cast members very nice. the 2 boys spoke Hungarian with a little english and we did fine without their mom having to translate continually!

we used transfers from CDG.. awful experience with zip transfer. arrivals at cdg is a nightmare.

any questions, ask

Just returned from 2 nights at DLP and 4 nights in Paris.
Stayed club level Sequoia. AC was just ok but fortunately not too hot out. rooms definitely need updating. had to unplug coffee maker to have outlet. none by bathroom sink
club lounge was nice. teatime had lots of things to eat, water and soda all day. Breakfast was very good

thank you to the person who alerted me to the green pass for disability.
not only is there a separate entrance into the park but we hardly waited on any lines. Taking 2 pre teen boys for their first trip anywhere it made a huge difference. they loved avenger campus.

as WDW veterans my son and I enjoyed the lower crowds. even without the pass most lines looked to be less than 30 minutes and many rides had single rider lines that were almost walk on

we didn't do any shows, did catch one parade.

i bought the photopass and other than ride photos we only saw 1 other photographer. nothing down main st towards castle surprisingly

food was meh. first night steakhouse was not good, other than my skirt steak. Plaza Garden buffet was actually better. Lunch lines were long did casey's 2nd day mobile order.

definitely less merch than wdw. world of disney much much smaller.

cast members very nice. the 2 boys spoke Hungarian with a little english and we did fine without their mom having to translate continually!

we used transfers from CDG.. awful experience with zip transfer. arrivals at cdg is a nightmare.

any questions, ask
Why was the transfers from CDG so bad? We are flying in Sunday morning and have car service scheduled.

noone was in baggage claim with sign with name. after collecting bags and going outside it was a zoo. loads of drivers. our one party, for which i prepaid thru zip transfers wound up with prestige who i had to pay when we got to sequoia. (he waited over an hour for my arrival). zip claimed they had been there waiting and would not refund my $85.

my transfer called me several times (our flight was late, not sure why he hadn't monitored it. turn on wifi and get what's app immediately. we finally found him but it took awhile.

there were so many drivers that it wouldn't be difficult to just get bags and find one. turns out they were all charging $65 to DLP

I also thought the arrival at CDG was chaotic. It was a LONG walk from the gate to to the border patrol line and it was not very well marked. Then there was a mass of people at the entrance to border patrol trying to figure out which line to go in. There was a long wait in that line. After that, I remember walking further and finally getting our luggage. I reserved Western Tours and I had a little panic when I didn't see my name on any drivers' signs. Luckily, he was there closer to the exit door.

I also agree Sequoia rooms need an update and more plugs and USB ports. We were in the main building and just a few doors down from the elevator It was so nice not having a long walk down the halls at the end of the day. It was well worth the money to be in the main building.

there were so many drivers that it wouldn't be difficult to just get bags and find one. turns out they were all charging $65 to DLP
As a general rule, I never take transfer from someone unknown outside the airport exit. The risk of being scammed is very high.

We booked transfer through Disney with Magical Shuttle...does anyone know if they are pretty dependable?

We booked transfer through Disney with Magical Shuttle...does anyone know if they are pretty dependable?
Yes they are and they have their own departure building. Check in there first and then wait to get onto the bus. They can take a while to get there as they do lots of drop offs, but it's quite a nice way to have a look around.
Check return times, particularly from non-disney hotels as they are not that frequent.

Yes they are and they have their own departure building. Check in there first and then wait to get onto the bus. They can take a while to get there as they do lots of drop offs, but it's quite a nice way to have a look around.
Check return times, particularly from non-disney hotels as they are not that frequent.
Thank you! This will be our first time so I am a little nervous. :)

Thank you! This will be our first time so I am a little nervous. :)
You will have a fantastic time! CDG is know for being really bad. But I hope you have a fantastic time. Like I said in another topic try citymapper on your phone. It's also a great backup app to have. The French often strike and it gets you out if a pickle with ease.

We flew into CDG Aug 19 in the evening and it was fine. We got our bags and walked to the taxi line without delay. I think it just luck of the draw whether you get a busy time. Travel these days does require a lot of patience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter