• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TGV from CDG

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I used this on my last trip and trying to find a way to have less headache with the tickets. I waited until arrival to purchase - in case of flight delays.

The issue was the kiosk would not work for me (US credit card with no chip/pin) so I had to stand in line for about an hour to purchase as the counter was very busy. I now have a chip card - but still no pin as it is a us card. Any suggestions on this?

Will you have a phone connected to the Internet ? You could buy your ticket online once you get to CDG. If not, just find a public wifi network.

Just download the SNCF-connect app, create your account before leaving home. The only step left in CDG will be to buy the ticket on the next train.

I would definitely suggest just buying online, you can also make changes online if your flight gets delayed. I would suggest about 1 - 2 hours after you land. I will say the announcements on the train are hard to hear so just get off at the first stop!

how much does this train usually cost? I just looked online and it's showing at 70 euro.. is that correct? thats one way

how much does this train usually cost? I just looked online and it's showing at 70 euro.. is that correct?
Can be, cheapest is 17 or 19 euro if you book well in advance and in low season. After that it often jumps to 25 and then 35 euro quite quickly. It is insane for a 10 minute ride. I use the sncf app to book, which website are you using?

re-writing my comment. I was planning to get a Navigo pass for our days in paris but I just saw TGV is not included so I guess we'll wait until our DLP to Paris leg (on RER) to get the pass. Does anyone know how far out the TGV schedules go? There are only early morning or late evening times for the TGV from CDG to DLP showing up and I want to set a reminder for when to book seats for our late June travel day. I downloaded the app so we can hopefully change our tickets that day if our flight is late. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get through the airport if we are landing in terminal 2 already and coming from another western Europe country?

Last edited:
re-writing my comment. I was planning to get a Navigo pass for our days in paris but I just saw TGV is not included so I guess we'll wait until our DLP to Paris leg (on RER) to get the pass. Does anyone know how far out the TGV schedules go? There are only early morning or late evening times for the TGV from CDG to DLP showing up and I want to set a reminder for when to book seats for our late June travel day. I downloaded the app so we can hopefully change our tickets that day if our flight is late. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to get through the airport if we are landing in terminal 2 already and coming from another western Europe country?
Your Navigo doesn't cover the TGV. I doubt it will be sold out but it was a pain with my credit card at the kiosk and the lines. I will probably book about a week out knowing I can change it and using a phone app now. Online was showing 40 for me last week - but I remember paying closer to 12 euro years ago so 17 makes more sense. With luggage I would definitely either pay the amount to get the TGV or get a car transfer. The RER lines are hard to manage with all the stairs and the pickpockets when you have luggage with you.

we will each have a small roller bag w/ backpack. I've traveled this way in the past via train in paris and have not had issues (yet). Are they truly "pickpockets" or would we expect to have someone open our bag pockets while walking or doing a grab?

we will each have a small roller bag w/ backpack. I've traveled this way in the past via train in paris and have not had issues (yet). Are they truly "pickpockets" or would we expect to have someone open our bag pockets while walking or doing a grab?
Paris has some of the most skilled pickpockets I have ever seen. I had a friend lose a purse that was cut off without her knowing on our last trip. The TGV is a few more dollars but for the 10 minute ride straight to DLP without all the hassle and time I think it is well worth the investment.

Paris has some of the most skilled pickpockets I have ever seen. I had a friend lose a purse that was cut off without her knowing on our last trip. The TGV is a few more dollars but for the 10 minute ride straight to DLP without all the hassle and time I think it is well worth the investment.
I was with some colleagues in the city of Paris for a work trip, we took the subway back to the airport. One colleague has her phone in her hand, looking out the window. A guy snatches her phone out of her hands and runs off.
Tip: Be most on your guard when the train arrives at a station. They steal something and immediately exit the train and run out of the station. They are far away before you realize what has happened.

FYI apparently TGV prices are now ridiculous. I tried for dates in the next week, into June and July and they are all 40 Euro per person. So my family of 3 will be 120 Euro. I will keep looking but at this point will likely take a taxi or arrange private transfer as that is "only" ~80 Euro.

How can it be ok to charge so much for a 10 minute trip? People would actually pay that price? At 17.50 per person, that seemed borderline expensive but 40? No thanks.

The TVG is very expensive at the moment. Not sure why. You can get the RER with a change over but that takes 1Hr+, or you can get the Magical Shuttle bus. Both options would be cheaper than TVG but take longer.

if i was to reserve and pay for 3 people who are arriving into paris at a different time from me, how can they get their tickets and take the tgv to disney?

since we're flying from the US on United and they're flying into paris from hungary on air france it doesn't make sense to try to mee up at cdg

We went to DLP last month for Spring Break. Our flight from JFK arrived at 6:55am. We went through customs, got our checked bags, got TGV tickets, rode TGV, dropped bags at station with the express check-in, and walked to the park exactly when early morning magic started at 8:30am. The TGV and express check-in/baggage drop off option were worth every penny.

In regard to the PIN for US credit cards, every credit card company will either let you create your own PIN or mail one to you. It is common for every country outside the US to use them…

In relation to this, how frequently do the TGV trains go from CDG to Disneylandparis. I just checked a date and seemed to be no trains between 12.40 and 6pm. Is that normal or is everything just sold out?

In relation to this, how frequently do the TGV trains go from CDG to Disneylandparis. I just checked a date and seemed to be no trains between 12.40 and 6pm. Is that normal or is everything just sold out?
It is extreme, but not impossible. The schedule is irregular and drives me insane. Where I live trains run every 10/15/30 minutes, depending on the route. In France the TGV can run 3 times an hour or sometimes once every 3 hours.

Which day are you looking at?

It is extreme, but not impossible. The schedule is irregular and drives me insane. Where I live trains run every 10/15/30 minutes, depending on the route. In France the TGV can run 3 times an hour or sometimes once every 3 hours.

Which day are you looking at?
It’s a Tuesday, but I’ve investigated further and it is that the intervening trains are fully booked. Having costed it up, it turns out that it is cheaper for the three of us to have a private transfer than take the TGV. Of course,, the private transfer is slower than the TGV, but not if you have to wait a couple of hours to get the next train!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter