• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Texas

My son and family live in Austin, I haven't seen them since Christmastime. My new grandaughter was born in May, haven't met her yet. I hate this virus, I"m grateful we are all staying safe tho.

I'll be cutting my own hair also. I watched a video where you gather it all up in a ponytail on your forehead like a unicorn to do an angled cut. We shall see.
I've been cutting my own too, just a trim to take the ends off...I like the way it looks. I cut it 3 times already. As long as you have a good pair of hair scissors you can just follow the line that your hairdresser did. I have let my hair go to it's natural state of silvery white, with some dark grey mixed in I like that too. I still have a lot of blonde mixed in. I'm never going again to get my hair colored/highlighted.
I'm a grandmother of 4 now I can go natural if I want to, lol!

My son and family live in Austin, I haven't seen them since Christmastime. My new grandaughter was born in May, haven't met her yet. I hate this virus, I"m grateful we are all staying safe tho.

I'm so sorry you haven't had a chance to meet your grandbaby. Missing family is the worst part of isolation. We've seen my in-laws once since Christmas and only from our front porch. It's tough.

I've been cutting my own too, just a trim to take the ends off...I like the way it looks. I cut it 3 times already. As long as you have a good pair of hair scissors you can just follow the line that your hairdresser did. I have let my hair go to it's natural state of silvery white, with some dark grey mixed in I like that too. I still have a lot of blonde mixed in. I'm never going again to get my hair colored/highlighted.
I'm a grandmother of 4 now I can go natural if I want to, lol!

My hairdresser gave me my color codes so I can color at home. Still working up the courage to cut it myself.

As far as I know Rockwall is continuing with their plans for the 4th starting with a parade which many have backed out of with festivities going on throughout the day ending with a fireworks show. And the Harbor is having a fireworks display tomorrow night.
I went to the grocery store this morning and don't plan to leave the house again unless its work related until sometime next week.

Thank you for your kind words. I miss my other 3 grandsons and my son too. Our family vacations are both cancelled for Sept. to Disney, and December to New York City. Both were planned before the virus. We are hopeful for next summer.

As for cutting your own hair just the tips, the dead ends. You can always keep cutting a little bit, little bit until it's to the length you like. If you try to cut an inch off all at once it may be uneven.

The governor just mandated masks in all public spaces. I'm in shock.

I'm in shock, too, but thrilled! And hopefully that takes the politics out of it and we can all go on our way with doing what's best for all and get through this together. I was up in Georgetown yesterday and was impressed to see probably 95% of people wearing them. It's not exactly known as a left-wing city.

Oh, and yes, HEB is the absolute best! Frankly, they should be running the US Pandemic Response Team, they've handled this so well.

i’m not familiar with HEB, but if they are anything like Publix after a hurricane, then that is definitely a good thing. This is following hurricane Michael in the panhandle.

Yes, they do amazing work after disasters (including hurricanes) and they were particularly well prepared for the pandemic. Here's a fantastic article about how they were preparing in January: https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/

I'm from Seattle, what is HEB?

They're a fantastic grocery chain located primarily in Texas (but I think they have a few stores in LA, NM, and maybe OK) with amazing service and, most importantly in these times, a supply chain that never broke down because they have a remarkable emergency response team that is always in gear. I posted an article about how they prepared for this pandemic and they were on the ball well before it ever hit our shores.

They're a fantastic grocery chain located primarily in Texas (but I think they have a few stores in LA, NM, and maybe OK) with amazing service and, most importantly in these times, a supply chain that never broke down because they have a remarkable emergency response team that is always in gear. I posted an article about how they prepared for this pandemic and they were on the ball well before it ever hit our shores.
Yes, all the above. They also have stores in Mexico as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter