Testing Through Walgreens in Orlando - When Are Test Times Made Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lydia S

Canadian
Hi everyone!

We'll be driving back home to Ontario on March 19th/20th (end of March Break for us), so I was looking to book our testing via Walgreen's around the Disney Springs area. I noticed this week that they are releasing appointments one day at a time, about a week in advance. Just now, I went to check for next Thursday, March 17th (I need an appt for the 18th which isn't open just yet) and there are no appointments available at the 3 locations I checked. Is there a specific time that they open them for booking?

Also, if I am looking to test for 3 people, do I need to make 3 separate appointments?

Thanks in advance!

They just recently made the change back to one week out. I was able to book 5 appts for family that is travelling this morning but only because I did it at 5 am. It's a very busy time because of March Break. You do need to make 3 appointments but as long as you have appts all 3 people should be able to do the test at the earliest time if you are all in the same car. I would check back after midnight tonight or very early in the morning to book for the 18th. Most locations also have changed the test return time for the NAAT (Rapid ID NOW) from within 24 hours to 2 hours, I have received results both times I have done it within 2 hours. An alternative would be to try to book a location on your way home? Or try Curative they have some locations nearby and they do free testing as well.

Thanks so much for your thorough reply, Eeyore! I had never heard of Curative, but if I fail to get appointments booked later on tonight, I will check them out.

I did notice that the result time has been changed on the site to 2 hours instead of 24. That's awesome news! Can't wait until we can do without testing. Hopefully soon.

I booked 4 appointments at Walgreens for Mar. 16 just now. There is less availability than I was expecting so we will have to drive further than I would like but oh well. Look for the locations that say "Some appointments available" and you'll have better luck than those with "Few appointments available".

Reactions: CJK

Does anyone have any feedback about testing via Curative? I had a quick look and one of the closer locations is at a Mini-golf place, which I thought was odd. I guess it's just done in the parking lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter