Testing my selfmade CountDown Clock - Success! - Now With Sound!!

At this time we are not allowing ambient sound in signatures. Only event related sounds.

JC

Sorry JC.

Audio was removed from post as well as sig.

Hey, you asked what were the new ideas right? ;)
I just figured action was better than words.

I'll just put the 'tick, tock, tick, tock" in my sig as text for now on.

Just make it an "event" that doesn't constantly call for focus like an onmouseover() or something like that. Don't forget to stop sound onmouseout(). You have to also make sure it doesn't push you over the size limits.

My (yet to be released) new signature has event related sounds for "button clicks" and "hovers". With the sounds I went over the limit, so I had to convert all of the button "bitmap" graphics to "vector" graphics to keep it in check. Not quite as nice but I obtained more depth with the event sounds.

JC

Originally posted by Mr. J. Cricket
Just make it an "event" that doesn't constantly call for focus like an onmouseover() or something like that. Don't forget to stop sound onmouseout(). You have to also make sure it doesn't push you over the size limits...
JC

It's just a part of the Java Class for audio. I set it for loop and didn't use a onmouse... . I made sure that the sound will stop when the page is changed. Unlike my test here where it just kept playing :) I made that fix quickly as it was starting to get on my nerves. I can set it for play once though. Now that you mention it, can I play the sound IF and ONLY IF the user plays the mouse over the graphic? That other java class for countdown had an event tied to mouseup so when the user clicks on the graphic, a web page will open.

How about if I play the sound when that happens? Is that legal?

Edit: What limits?

The total of the background image + the font.gif + the .class + audio (if audio is seperate from the .class) need to be under 30K total if that is the only item in your sig.

Any onmousexxxx() event should be ok if you want to give it a try. You should try them outside of your sig. here first and get an ok for it before you put it in your sig. for good. We have held our breath when it comes to interactivity in signatures because of page speed in the past. I've had to pull some in the past for just that reason.

JC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter