• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Test?

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
What kind of test do you get at Walgreens or CVS and how much does it usually cost? Can they upload it for you in the store?

Whe do you get tests if not at Walgreens or CVS ? It says order from Safe Passage but there’s not a place to order and how long does it take to come in?

Whe do you get tests if not at Walgreens or CVS ? It says order from Safe Passage but there’s not a place to order and how long does it take to come in?
Once safe passage approves your vax docs you'll have the option to order tests, upload tests, or upload 90 day recovery docs. No idea how long it takes to arrive. We used the free govt antigen tests and went thru Onpoint to do the proctored telehealth appt and uploaded the results ourselves (also had 1 person with 90 day recovery docs.)

We were originally going to do a NAAT at Walgreens when we thought it would be free...and then discovered we'd be charged $129/test. I believe they either email you the results or you login to a patient portal and then you would have to upload that to safe passage.

Safe passage tests should be automatically uploaded, same with testing at port.

Once safe passage approves your vax docs you'll have the option to order tests, upload tests, or upload 90 day recovery docs. No idea how long it takes to arrive. We used the free govt antigen tests and went thru Onpoint to do the proctored telehealth appt and uploaded the results ourselves (also had 1 person with 90 day recovery docs.)

We were originally going to do a NAAT at Walgreens when we thought it would be free...and then discovered we'd be charged $129/test. I believe they either email you the results or you login to a patient portal and then you would have to upload that to safe passage.

So this on point you just go to on point website and order test and they all you through it?

Ok so I have ordered the test from govt how long do it take to come in? When I get them I go to Onpont and schedule a test time it says they cost 16.99 is that correct?

Ok so I have ordered the test from govt how long do it take to come in? When I get them I go to Onpont and schedule a test time it says they cost 16.99 is that correct?
Delivery of the free government tests varies. The last ones I ordered on 6/30, expected delivery was on 7/7... actually received on 7/2...so 3 business days. The original sets took weeks due to high demand back then, definitely seems quicker now. USPS sends you emails and updates for the expected delivery date.

Apparently that's the current Onpoint cost...it was $9.99 when we did it in June, and was $14.99 about a week ago...so prices go up and down. There may be an option to sign up for emails from Onpoint and get a $5 off coupon as well.

Yes, I'd wait until you have the tests. Once you pay for Onpoint, you can schedule the appts (up to 4 people at an appt). Make sure you already have zoom installed on your device. Check your spam folder for any emails from calendly or Onpoint...that's where our zoom link ended up. Fill out the health profiles, ignore the insurance info since you've already paid for the test (click uninsured or whatever option is there.). Write down the confirmation numbers/health profile numbers (can't remember what it's called) for each person as the telehealth worker will ask for them. After your appt they'll send you 2 emails with your test results. The second one has the preferred format to upload to safe passage.

I know it all seems complicated...it was our first time doing it (and first time self testing.). It does work out amazingly well...just very stressful until you get those results uploaded!

Good luck! I do wish they'd just stop testing at this point as the 2 day antigen tests plus the 90 day recovery letters aren't keeping Covid off the ships. Next cruise is next summer from England...I hope we're done with testing by then!!!

I was recently exposed to Covid, so I tested at CVS and it didn't cost me anything. YMMV.
Exposure testing is covered by insurance and possibly free in some states. Testing for travel would only be covered if your health insurance covers it.

I believe that most insurance comapies have been covering up to 8 antigen home tests per month per person. You just walk into your pharmacy and ask for the tests. They will run them through your insurance company and if covered will not be a cost to you. Only takes a few minutes assuming they have the kits in stock.

I believe that most insurance comapies have been covering up to 8 antigen home tests per month per person. You just walk into your pharmacy and ask for the tests. They will run them through your insurance company and if covered will not be a cost to you. Only takes a few minutes assuming they have the kits in stock.
I have Express Scripts and order them online. They usually come within 1-2 weeks.

Delivery of the free government tests varies. The last ones I ordered on 6/30, expected delivery was on 7/7... actually received on 7/2...so 3 business days. The original sets took weeks due to high demand back then, definitely seems quicker now. USPS sends you emails and updates for the expected delivery date.

Apparently that's the current Onpoint cost...it was $9.99 when we did it in June, and was $14.99 about a week ago...so prices go up and down. There may be an option to sign up for emails from Onpoint and get a $5 off coupon as well.

Yes, I'd wait until you have the tests. Once you pay for Onpoint, you can schedule the appts (up to 4 people at an appt). Make sure you already have zoom installed on your device. Check your spam folder for any emails from calendly or Onpoint...that's where our zoom link ended up. Fill out the health profiles, ignore the insurance info since you've already paid for the test (click uninsured or whatever option is there.). Write down the confirmation numbers/health profile numbers (can't remember what it's called) for each person as the telehealth worker will ask for them. After your appt they'll send you 2 emails with your test results. The second one has the preferred format to upload to safe passage.

I know it all seems complicated...it was our first time doing it (and first time self testing.). It does work out amazingly well...just very stressful until you get those results uploaded!

Good luck! I do wish they'd just stop testing at this point as the 2 day antigen tests plus the 90 day recovery letters aren't keeping Covid off the ships. Next cruise is next summer from England...I hope we're done with testing by then!!!
Thanks for this. I am cruising in late September with DH. I am so nervous about testing and whole procedure.😜🤪
Fingers crossed it all works out.

Thank you you have been very helpful 🤗

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter