Test Track or Soarin 1st at Rope Drop?

Last week we did two Epcot days and did Soarin' at rope drop on the first day and Test attack at rope drop the second day. We waited no more than 30 minutes on each day (though the Soarin' standby line said 60 minute wait as we walked in at 9:01am; it was actually half that). We also don't walk quickly so I'm sure folks who moved more efficiently from the entrance (we came in through the international gateway) had shorter waits than we did. As we exited both, standby lines showed about 25-30 minutes wait.

It doesn't really matter. Hopefully you got an early Frozen fast pass. Then you can book more fast passes.

Can you do single rider at Test Track? That's your best option! Rope drop Soarin', head to Test Track for single rider!

Reverse... Do Test Track first. TT is weather dependent, so people flock to it right away if it's nice outside. Also, the line will build pretty quickly as I don't think it can handle as many riders per hour as Soarin' can. With Soarin' having a third theater, the lines are significantly better now. Yeah, you could do Soarin' then single rider for TT, but why do that when your group can stay together for both rides if you do TT first?

Last week when we were at Epcot, the TT line increased in length much more quickly than Soarin'. We'd eaten PPO at GG so chose Soarin' first, but regretted it because by the time we headed over to TT the lines were over 40min (compared to 20 at S'). Perhaps it varies from day to day though.

I know when we've been there at rope drop, there seems to be a much, much larger group heading to Test Track first thing. I imagine that line backs up much quicker! We've gone straight to Soarin and basically walked right on. That's why we choose that and then single rider for Test Track. And doing single rider, we don't feel a need to rush right over there after Soarin' either.

Depends on whether you are willing to do single rider at Test Track.

If you are willing to use single rider at Test Track, then I would say Soarin' first, and then single rider line for Test Track.

If not, then do Test Track first, and then Soarin'

In general, the line for Test Track will build up earlier, but the single rider line will be faster.

Last year we had 8 am reservations for the Garden Grill. At 8:45 we walked downstairs to Soarin, they let us on a little early. Then we walked over to Test Track, and were getting on Mission Space by 9:40. Personally, I would do Soarin first, but that's because you can single ride TT, though we got to ride together last visit.
I don't know if FEA keeps breaking, but if it is, my advice is to see that early. The later it gets, it seems the more it breaks and the more crowded it becomes. At least that was our experience last year. The day we rode everything early we had to wait until 12:40 for our FEA fp, and it was down. Never did get on it all day (even with a fp), though we tried multiple times.

Thanks everyone. We have a 10:30am ADR for Ashershus, so it would be easier to do Soarin first as Test Track is on the correct side to World Showcase. I just didn't want to be foolish. We will be with friends with younger kids at the World for the first time, so Single rider will not be an option

The last 3 times we were at Epcot (Nov 2016, Jan 2017 and Feb 2017) TT was "down" for about the first 2 hours every day. Seems strange that it happened that way on 3 times or if they just had it closed for a couple hours on purpose.

I would do Soarin' first then TT. If necessary you can always do the single rider lane for TT.

We always go with Soarin' first, and then go right to TT. We have never had a major issue!

I know you said you weren't going to use single rider due to young kids, but for others reading...if you do single rider on TT you do not get to design and "test" your own car. This is my 9 year olds favorite thing in all of Disney - we rode 4 times in a row once (old paper fastpasses and rider switch due to a small sibling). He would not like TT at all if he couldn't "test" his car design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter