Test Track Fastpass car design

Eccle

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to work out whether to rope drop TT and fastpass Soaring, or whether to do it the other way around. If you do TT with a fastpass, do you get to do the car design? I know my boys will want to do that bit, and I can't remember from past visits

I realize you already have the correct answer, but I will add that the single rider line does not do the full car design process. They have a super-abbreviated version of it where you basically just pick from a few choices for each step.

I realize you already have the correct answer, but I will add that the single rider line does not do the full car design process. They have a super-abbreviated version of it where you basically just pick from a few choices for each step.
Thank you. Am I right in thinking that if we had designed cars on our first ride going through the standby or fastpass queue, they would still be on the magic band if any of us then used single rider?

Thank you. Am I right in thinking that if we had designed cars on our first ride going through the standby or fastpass queue, they would still be on the magic band if any of us then used single rider?

Yep

Yes.

And they also have kiosks in the gift shop area after the ride if anyone wants to customize a vehicle with no time limit.

You can do it after the ride or go straight into the gift shop prior to riding

I always felt the shortened ride design in single rider was worth it given that we got to ride in a tiny fraction of standby time. Like we waited 10 minutes when the standby was well over an hour, and half an hour during spring break when the standby was an insane 3 hours plus. But that was when we were two adults who didn't mind riding in separate cars with strangers. If your family is comfortable with that, it's a good option.

Yes.

And they also have kiosks in the gift shop area after the ride if anyone wants to customize a vehicle with no time limit.

I had no idea. My kids love to ride single rider but feel shorted on the car design. I guess they could go in the gift shop entrance, take their time on design, then go ride. Pretty cool :)

Yes.

We found these kiosks and do them every time, whether stand-by, FP, or single rider. The car we create (while taking our time) is saved to the MB. Then we go thru our line, when we get the "design room" we walk on thru to the exit door and wait for it to open to go to the next waiting area. So, we also get to by-pass a few people at this step when they stop to design. We just prefer the no-pressure version.

I completely missed the car design feature when I rode TT as a single rider a few years ago. I wasn't even aware it was a thing. So what do you do and what does it mean that the design is saved to your MB?

Thank you for all the help. We can't all use single rider unfortunately as we have a 4 and 6 year old in the group, but it might be a good way if anyone wants to ride again

Are they still making entire groups design a car together? I haven't ridden since shortly after the update, but that really annoyed me.

I completely missed the car design feature when I rode TT as a single rider a few years ago. I wasn't even aware it was a thing. So what do you do and what does it mean that the design is saved to your MB?
It means that you can tap your band just before getting on the ride and still have the car you designed entered into play.

What is the minimum age for single rider? I’ve got an 8 year old.

You use a computer screen to work with different aspects of the car from profile, tire style, paint job, accessories, etc. Each option you choose will effect the cars performance, speed, stability, economy, etc. Whether you design while in line or at the kiosk near the gift shop the choices you made will be saved to your MB (magic band), then just before you get into the car, you will tap your magic band again and your car will load into your ride experience. Now your choices won't change the feel of your actual ride, as 5 other people in the car have chosen different things, but you will get updates as the ride progresses how your car performance compares to the 5 others in your car (a rating system). As you exit the ride, on your right hand side is a huge display screen with several MB tap points, stop here and tap your MB and you'll see some composite scores and how your car compares to all the others that have gone through the ride that day. Once a car is on your MB, you can use it over and over again, or take time to design another and see if you can change your overall performance.

If you design while in line, you are timed, and as others have said the single rider line doesn't allow as many options to effect the performance. But, the kiosks near the gift shop are not timed. So, the wait there can be long. I've been there when it's empty, but when there's just a few people it can be a wait, as each person needs to take time to create. If you have indecisive people ahead of you, you could be there awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter