Test Track at RD

karpy111

DIS Veteran
I've been reading that Test Track is frequently down at rope drop. Would you recommend I go to Soarin instead? I will be going in May in case weather is the issue.

Thanks!

We’ve had various experiences. What works best for our family is getting a FP for Soarin’ and doing single rider for TT. We are all out of the ride within 5 minutes of each other. Sometimes we’re even in the same car.

Our plan is RD TT but have a FP just in case it's down in the morning. Soaring is a fast loader so even if you can't pick up a 4th FP it will still be a shorter line then TT

I've done TT at RD countless times and very few times was it down and when it was it was for a few minutes so still a short wait in comparison to if you went later. Plus later in the day its more likely to be down for longer periods of time since the rain generally occurs in the afternoon.
On the other hand Soarin' does not have near the waits it used to plus its very easy to get as a 4th FP+.
I would have a FP for FEA and RD TT or I'd have a FP for TT and RD FEA.

We’ve had various experiences. What works best for our family is getting a FP for Soarin’ and doing single rider for TT. We are all out of the ride within 5 minutes of each other. Sometimes we’re even in the same car.
Our family loves single rider lines. You may get split up but may not. Most of the time, regardless of the attraction. We don’t get split up. I don’t think we ever have on TT. When they place you just kinda look at the line and it’s easy to get everyone in the same car. But even if not it’s not an issue. You really don’t get split up. Some may just go one car ahead or behind you. I go first and wait for everyone else. DL has more single rider lines. The Matterhorn May have an hour wait. Our family will get on in 10 min. Doing single rider.
So I highly recommend it. For TT

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter