Terrible service at Narcoosee’s, fantastic service at Flying Fish

Narcoosee's was a one and done for us. Food was good but not worth the price. Service was absolutly terrible. Worst waiter I think I have ever had at in a Disney resturant. I expect better when the check for 3 is north of $400.00
Same here. I usually give a place a second try at least if the first time want good, but the food was cold for both of us and not nearly as good as the price tag should have gotten us. Service was terrible too. Waited forever for everything, including the check. There are far better choices out there, so I just don’t see bothering to do this again. One of just a few joints on property w that distinction in my mind.

We had bad service a couple months ago at Narcoossee's too! I wonder if it's the same server?!

He was MIA for most of our meal (party of 2). But, he was very attentive (overly so) to a party of 6-7 that was seated next to us. I thought the same thing that he was paying more attention to them as he knew he'd get a bigger tip. Took him forever just to come over to our table (even though he kept walking by). Then we waited about 15 minutes for drinks. I could see them sitting on the edge of the bar the whole time too. I almost went over to get them myself! App came quick but he never came to check on the app or ask us if we wanted drink refills. Food was taking forever and he could see us looking around so he stopped by a few times to say the food was "on it's way out". But he walked out of the kitchen multiple times after that without our food. He was serving the large party next to us their dessert and tea (bringing things out one at a time mind you). Altogether we waited almost 45 minutes between app and entree. The entrees finally came and they were barely warm. He all of a sudden started paying attention to us when it was time to pay the bill. It was just really bad service and it wasn't even that busy in there. He had our table, the large table and then another 2 top all right next to each other.

I waitressed my way through college so I totally get all the ups and downs of being a server and having a large party to tend to. But this guy was just slow as a turtle and clearly didn't know how to manage his tables. He had zero personality to make up for it either and was just very blah. Definitely should look into another profession besides being a server. We left disappointed.

Just curious, when you receive service like this, do you guys still tip and if so how much?

I wouldn't hesitate to tip low or even not at all if I had service like this, I guess it's the British in me.

Well, I hate to admit it but yes, I tipped as I normally would. In my younger days I would leave a quarter for bad service just so they knew I did not forget. As I've gotten older I began to believe that action was probably In bad taste.

Just curious, when you receive service like this, do you guys still tip and if so how much?

I wouldn't hesitate to tip low or even not at all if I had service like this, I guess it's the British in me.
I can't remember exactly but I believe I subtracted the tax and tipped 15% on that. I should have tipped less but I just can't bring myself to do that. I usually don't subtract tax and have 20% as my minimum, 30% for exceptional service, which is what we left at Yachtsman and FF.

We’ve had inconsistent service at Narcoossee’s. We had one excellent server, named Kirsten, I believe. The best service there is actually sitting at the bar with Sergio - he will treat you like royalty! Really exceptional cast member!
We've had Kirsten a few times, she's great!
I hate seeing all these bad reviews as Narcoossee's is one of our favorites. We eat there almost every trip so a few times a year and have never ever had bad or slow service or a less than outstanding meal. Having said that, we have eaten at other very popular restaurants and hated them so everyone is different! I hope any of you that gave it another chance have a better experience !

This concerns me a little. We were planning on dining at Narcoosee’s and watching the fireworks during/after dinner. Are there any other recommendations for fireworks and dining at resorts? I know Cali grill is one but I thought I had read it is loud and hectic? I am open to other options too. Thanks!

I try not to steer people away from places that I've only been to once, knowing that experiences vary, but our experience was so bad and these other responses make me realize I would not ever eat there again. So my advice would be to go to California Grill or Capa at the Four Seasons - we ate at Capa for the third time last trip and it was one of the best experiences we've ever had. The food (tapas, fish, steaks) and service is truly exceptional and they are also on the 17th floor with a view of all fireworks and two large terraces for viewing.

We had a magical evening last week with Sergio again at the bar. The (free!) champagne was flowing, beautiful anniversary dessert, glow cubes to make it a celebration...and of course awesome fireworks viewing out on the deck.

We definitely tipped lower than what we usually do. Our typical tip for good service is 20% and if we have great service we'll tip more than that. For subpar service we go as low as 15% and I think that's what we did.

After years of being a server, I can't bring myself to leave no tip at all!

Just an FYI for anyone considering these restaurants. I know that other people might experience the opposite but I will add that a manager came over to our table (without us asking) at FF to ask how the meal was going - we raved about the food and our server and she thanked us for talking with her and dining with them. No manager came to our table at Narcoosee’s and we did not ask for one. I truly did not know what to do and felt that asking for a manager would only have the potential to make a bad meal even worse.

I've had very similar experiences. Narcoossee's was honestly one of the most disappointing dining experiences on property. I had been looking forward to going there for years, and when I finally did the food was mediocre and the service was less than magical.

On the other hand, I can't say enough good things about Flying Fish. The food and service are amazing!

Can you see the fireworks easily after dining at the Flying fish? We’d be going on a Saturday night in November during F&W (not going to park that day).

Can you see the fireworks easily after dining at the Flying fish? We’d be going on a Saturday night in November during F&W (not going to park that day).

Currently there is a partial and obstructed view of Illuminations over the treetops from the bridge on the way to Epcot. You really only see the highest fireworks and miss all the lagoon stuff. I don’t think we know yet what the new show, Epcot Forever, will be like (debuts end of Sept). On a Sat night they should have the extra Boardwalk entertainers out (magic, juggling etc.)

Yes you can but not right outside the restaurant like you can at Narcoosee's. If you take a left out of FF and walk down to the end of the boardwalk, just a 2-3 minute walk, you will get a perfect view of Illuminations (which is ending shortly, but probably the same will be true of the new show).

And yes, just to clarify you do miss the show on the Epcot lake but the only way to see that is to go into the park, just as the only way to see the castle part of the MK show is to go into MK (which you miss while watching the fireworks from Narcoosee's).

Thanks so much for the replies! I’ll have to talk to DH. I was super excited to try Narcoossee’s since wed really love to see fireworks and it does seem like a great viewing spot for them. We’ll have to decide if we will roll the dice on Narcoossee’s or enter BW on a Saturday night during F&W for FF and fireworks. Good news is.....either way we’re at Disney lol!!

I have eaten at Narcoossee's 3 times and have had great food and service every time. This is my one restaurant I would eat at every trip if possible.

We had great service and food at FF too a couple of weeks ago. We did Narcoosees in 2016 and thought the food and service wasn’t very good. We don’t go to WDW that often though so we don’t repeat restaurants a lot. I did and will repeat FF again next time we go! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter