teppen edo

kristin0216

Earning My Ears
Hello. Question about dinner at Teppen Edo. I am very excited about this meal, but worried about my kids eating much. They love fried rice, but I just realized they don't serve that. Do they have chicken nuggets as an option?

TIA

This is listed as the children's menu on allears.

For Children Ages 3-9
Julienne Steak - 4 oz. sliced beef topped with teriyaki sauce $14.5
Ebi - 5 grilled shrimp $14.5
Tori - 4 oz chicken breast $14.5

I'm pretty sure those were the offerings when we ate there, and this restaurant isn't Disney owned/managed so I highly doubt there's a magic source of chicken nuggets. FYI, my kid was not happy with the noodles, she was expecting italian pasta not udon. Toddlers....

If you think your kiddos won't eat the chicken and noodles, you might want to consider Nine Dragons over in China. Teppan Edo is too expensive for them to NOT eat.

This is listed on Nine Dragons kids menu on allears.
Entrees
Honey Chicken Entree - chicken nuggets with honey sauce, egg fried rice, carrots and broccoli $7.98

Hello. Question about dinner at Teppen Edo. I am very excited about this meal, but worried about my kids eating much. They love fried rice, but I just realized they don't serve that. Do they have chicken nuggets as an option?

TIA

There's a fried rice on the menu at Nine Dragons-I think it's called Nine Dragons Fried Rice, or something like that. It's delicious, and reasonably priced besides. DH had it last time, and I had a bite-that's what I'm ordering next time!

Teppan Edo is by far one of our top five picks at Disney! DS is not an adventurous eater, very picky in fact, but LOVES their chicken, steak and Udon noodles. He has been eating here since 2 1/2!You can request the vegetables on the side, not mixed in with the noodles as well. DD is only 1 but has eaten here several times, although she will eat almost anything. It's a fun experience, give it a try☺️

Last edited:
We have eaten here a few times. DD and myself are very picky. She get the chicken, which is cut up like nuggets, white rice, noodles and veggies. They all have to be separate without any of the sauces on them. Also, the veggies can't have onions. They have been very good at accommodating her. I think she eats more here then other places. For me I just get the steak without the sauce. DD and myself do get some funny looks and are you sure for the cooks. The kids love to eat with chop sticks and the servers are great with them.

theres no fried rice? at a hibachi place???

I know it is common in America to refer to these places as "hibachi," but that is technically not correct.
The style of cooking is teppanyaki. The flat cooking surface is called a teppan, and yaki means grilled or pan fried.

A hibachi is (authentically) a barbecue style grill with open grates and typically charcoal fired.

Unfortunately places like Benihana have muddled this by offering dishes named "hibachi chicken" despite referring to themselves as "teppanyaki style dining."

Japanese fried rice dishes are derivative of Chinese fried rice anyway (brought to Japan by Chinese immigrants), and Epcot does have a Chinese restaurant already. While fried rice is a dish prepared at teppanyaki restaurants like Benihana, fried rice itself is not very common in Japanese cuisine. It does seem like Teppan Edo endeavors to be a bit more authentically Japanese, which is probably why they do not serve fried rice.

The no fried rice there is why I won't be going back. It's my favorite part of the meal and we have really good ones around where we live. If your kids won't eat anything but fried rice don't book this restaurant. My stepdaughter does not like this food at all and they don't have anything she'll eat except plain white rice.

Teppan Edo has been one of my kids' favorite places to go every trip. Kids should be able to eat a piece of chicken without the breading on it. There is nothing more "basic" then that. Our next tip is coming up in May for my daughter's HS graduation and Teppan and Biergarten are the only 2 ADRs that we have.

It does seem like Teppan Edo endeavors to be a bit more authentically Japanese, which is probably why they do not serve fried rice.

Yes, it was a surprise to me to read on these boards a few years ago that people were expecting fried rice. I've eaten in many Japanese places locally (admittedly not hibachi or teppan places) and sticky white rice is the norm so that's what I was expecting (and got) at Teppan Edo. It would never have occurred to me to expect fried rice. Which is good because I don't like it and I prefer sticky white rice.

Teppan Edo has been one of my kids' favorite places to go every trip. Kids should be able to eat a piece of chicken without the breading on it. There is nothing more "basic" then that. Our next tip is coming up in May for my daughter's HS graduation and Teppan and Biergarten are the only 2 ADRs that we have.

My kid won’t eat chicken, but he will eat salmon rolls and other assorted sushi and sashimi. Go figure!

For me, we avoid this restaurant because they can’t really accommodate celiac. If I want plain stir fried veggies and white rice I can eat that at home for 1/10th the price.

I know it is common in America to refer to these places as "hibachi," but that is technically not correct.
The style of cooking is teppanyaki. The flat cooking surface is called a teppan, and yaki means grilled or pan fried.

A hibachi is (authentically) a barbecue style grill with open grates and typically charcoal fired.

Unfortunately places like Benihana have muddled this by offering dishes named "hibachi chicken" despite referring to themselves as "teppanyaki style dining."

Japanese fried rice dishes are derivative of Chinese fried rice anyway (brought to Japan by Chinese immigrants), and Epcot does have a Chinese restaurant already. While fried rice is a dish prepared at teppanyaki restaurants like Benihana, fried rice itself is not very common in Japanese cuisine. It does seem like Teppan Edo endeavors to be a bit more authentically Japanese, which is probably why they do not serve fried rice.

Great explanation, thanks!

I'm going to have to find a way to work this into a conversation so it seems like I know things... :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter