Teppen Edo - Tell me about it!

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
We are almost 180 days out and I am starting the ADR & planning process... I have always wanted to eat at Teppen Edo.... I have 2 kids that are picky eaters, DS16, DH ad I will eat most anything... Do they accommodate the younger/pickies in the group or should I avoid this? I think the entertainment factor is pretty darn cool!

I thought it was one of our better meals on our last trip. Since it was just me and DH, I don't know about picky eaters. There were small kids at our table who seemed to enjoy the food/experience.

Not sure how picky the eaters in your group are, but you have protein options to chose from. Chicken, beef, shrimp. If they would eat rice, noodles and a protein you should be ok. The sauces are all on the side.

Here are some pics from my last trip. Oh, now I'm getting hungry! ;)

The three dipping sauces are in front of your plate.

image.jpg

Cool little trick with an onion...

image.jpg

Last edited:
The food is good there, but I was underwhelmed by it. It's Hibachi, so the show is what is the main draw. We had a disappointing chef, but from others' reviews of it, we were by chance a fluke. I've done hibachis around all over, and for being in the World Showcase Japan, I was disappointed. Enjoyed the food, but the show lacked. Hopefully you get a better person! I'm a picky eater too, but I love hibachi food. Rice and meats are really good.

It's our kids favorite in Epcot. The steak and shrimp are their favs. You can request steamed rice if you prefer that over brown rice. Plan on the meal taking a little over an hour from when you sit down to when you finish up.

Does anyone know if you can share a meal here? My DD wants to eat here in the fall, however it is just her and I and we usually share.

It's become a tradition for us to eat there the first night we arrive. I love the steak; it's very tender. They used to do only steamed rice but then changed a couple of years ago for something different. Apparently, it has some kind of seafood powder or something in it and I'm allergic to seafood so they substitute the steamed rice again (which I not only prefer but is more traditional for Japanese food IMO or at least every Japanese restaurant I've ever been to at home has steamed rice as a standard side). I love their miso soup - one of the best I've had.

I also hate mushrooms and that's one of the sides. I used to give them to DH but they introduced a white sauce a few years ago which they recommend for seafood but works really well with mushrooms so now I do eat them as long as I dip them in the white sauce. Yum.

We also enjoy some of their cocktails. One is made with plum wine and one with sake. Instead of dessert, I usually get a glass of the cloudy sake. It's very delicate and a lighter end to large dinner.

With it being Disney i would be willing to bet they have options to accommodate picky eaters. On our last visit there we had two children at our table and they ended up getting brought something other then hibachi when the cooking show portion was just about through. So they must have options besides the main hibachi meals. Great entertainment for children they seemed excited.

You could always try Hibachi locally and see what your kids thing. My picky eater really likes Hibachi. She was content with the rice and the protein and skipped the sauces.

Teppan Edo is a must do for us:love: We always get steak and shrimp. None of us eat Zucchini, so we always feel a bit guilty for wasting it. Our DD won't eat the veggies but the rice, noodles and meat are plenty. We've always had great service and terrific food. We eat a lot of steak at Disney so I like the shrimp for a change, I trade my steak for shrimp from DH and DD :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter