• O' Hana's

• Teppanyaki

Results are only viewable after voting.

DIS Veteran
my husband has been dying to try teppanyaki,
but after reading several reviews today I think O'hana's sounds
yummy and it is "kinda" a cook in front of you place, although
not exactally.

we had thought about going w/o the kids one night to ohana's but once again reviews make is sound like fun for the kids?
mine are 8 and 11.

so based on food quality and fun, which is better?

::MickeyMo O' Hana's is our favorite WDW resturant.The food is wonderful and more than you can eat.The tropical atmosphere and especially the fun and games for the kids is not to be missed !I agree that a night out w/o the kids sounds wonderful...our favorite place is the Yachtsman Steakhouse.::MinnieMo

These are 2 of our family favorites, but O'hanas wins out time and time again. Great place for family meals with abundant food and energetic atmosphere. There are coconut races and hoola hoop contests for the kids. For our upcoming trip we decided to omit Teppanyaki. It is a nice place, but service is more rushed, less opportunity for family interaction and last year our food was a bit overcooked. Teppanyaki also would not be place for romantic dinner for 2 as you are seated at table that holds 8. It is nice way to meet and chat with other tourists, but if that isn't your thing it may feel a bit intrusive.

O'Hana's is great for the kids with lots of activities, etc. We have gone in the past but my kids do not especially like the food choices so we are skipping it this year. Maybe as a family do Teppanyaki for lunch and O'Hana's for dinner? Or if you are looking for a romantic, adults only dinner, try California Grill, Citricos, Flying Fish, BlueZoo or Yachtsman Steakhouse......can't go wrong with whichever you decide! Have fun!

We have tried both. My vote is 'Ohanna's hands down.

We have 2 very good Japaneese Restaurants within 20 min of home. Teppan was okay but not a much fun as the 2 at home. It also cost considerably more.

'Ohanna is different. The kids activities are more interactive.
The food was much better.

I loved Ohana's. The last time I went there it was my first time and I L-O-V-E it! When we went there all the kids got maracas and we all went around like in a parade in the resteraunt for the parents shaking the maracas to the song " Can't Wait to be King" from the Lion King. It was so much fun! I don't know if they do that all the time though. I have to say, if you've never been to Ohana's you have to try it. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: ::yes::

We just went to both restaurants last week....and we LOVED both of them! If I could only go to one of them, it would probably be O'Hana...... Why not do both???

I recommend Ohanas simply because you usually cant find that type of restaurant and environment in your hometown. There are MANY Teppenyaki type places in every major city in the US, and most of them are better and more affordable than Teppenyaki. You can ALWAYS find one to visit back at home, esp for a nice anniversary or birthday celebration! You likely can not find a comparable restaurant to Ohanas at home...

Thats why we dont waste $ at places like Rainforest of Planet Hollywood when at Disney... you can find those other places! I like to eat at unique things to us =)

Thats my thought =)

I didn't vote--because we enjoy both, and I honestly could not choose.

'Ohanas is my ALL TIME favorite, and my two ds agree.
Teppanyaki is a favorite of my DH. I agree that it is a great restaurant, but the only thing I don't really like, is that the tables seat 8, so we end up sitting with strangers.
If that doesn't bother you, then you'll be fine.

For our upcoming trip, my DH gave up Teppanyaki for The Maya Grill at CSR.
He absolutely LOVED his meal there in 2002, so he wants to go back. I agreed, because I do get my 'Ohana :teeth:

thanks guys, O'hana's is wining by a neck,
so I will go ahead and PS it tomorrow. (90 days out)

We live near 5 different Japan resturants that cook in front
of you and as one of you mentioned: I myself do not enjoy sitting
with some of the strangers we have been placed with.
some have been down right rude and obnoxious!

cant wait to eat at O'hana's!!::yes::

I voted for 'Ohana's because it is my favorite of all the WDW restaurants, BUT we also really enjoy Teppenyaki and have been there three times! Each time was wonderful!

We'll be doing both of them on our next trip.

Originally posted by Aimeedyan
I recommend Ohanas simply because you usually cant find that type of restaurant and environment in your hometown. There are MANY Teppenyaki type places in every major city in the US, and most of them are better and more affordable than Teppenyaki. You
I would say the same about 'Ohana as Teppanyaki--that you can find better and more affordable substitutes at home. The Brazillian BBQ places (can't remember the Portugese name for them) around here have the same set up as 'Ohana--meats offered from skewers, open fires, etc-- but offer more types of meat (beef, pork, chicken, lamb, different types of sausages) and also have huge hot and cold buffets.
DS5 and DS3 love Benihana, so we will try Teppenyaki next month--but based on the comments here I won't be expecting too much.:p

We do Teppanyaki every year (it's a family requirement:D ) but I think I would do OHana's, at 8 and 11 they are getting at the end of the kiddy participation range. Be sure to take your video camera so you'll have something to blackmail them with :teeth: (their teenage years are right around the corner) it makes for great behavior modification.;)

Hope you have a great time.
Alice

We do both every trip. They are both very different but have become part of our tradition. We rotate as to which one we go to on our first night, this upcoming trip in July we are going to Ohana our first night.

In terms of comments that some are uncomfortable sitting with others at Teppanyaki, we have never had a bad experience, disney families tend to be outgoing and happy. After all, you are surrounded by "magic".

Suggest that you try and experience both restaurants.

Teppanyaki is far below the Japanese steakhouse in my hometown. We will not return there.

Ohana got my vote. The meat is sometimes dry and overcooked, but it is a fun place with great atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter