• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teppanyaki-Looking for facts-not rumors-anyone know for sure???

Toots

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We're planning on dining @ Teppanyaki in May. We will be on the dining plan and will use a TS for evening meal.

I've read about "rumors" regarding exclusions but would really like to hear from someone that has recently dined there.

I'm thinking of canceling, but since our ADR is 5/8/06 I'm not sure what else will be available. :confused3

We ate there and had a WONDERFUL meal last June on the dining plan and will be returning. My husband got the steak and chicken meal and I got the steak and shrimp and it was OUTSTANDING for us, we got the soup and salad with the meal and a desert. We were told that if we had the lobster it would be extra but other than that it was our favorite meal of the trip and we will be returning this year.

we were there last August and got lobster and beef, our meal for 4 was $200 and it was all covered on the dining plan

Diamond_Girls said:
we were there last August and got lobster and beef, our meal for 4 was $200 and it was all covered on the dining plan

Things really changed last fall during the last free dining period ... things tightened up quite a bit so I think your experience is "out of date" so to speak. Too many people have posted on the board they could not get the Lobster and that it was now excluded from the DDP. Whilest I do not know 1st hand I read report after report when preparing for my trip in December that Teppanyaki was one of the most restrictive places and for the most part the information I get on here is right on.

WDWO

from ratfam :
We used the ddp at Teppanyaki last week so I can share that experience (sorry, can't help with the dh situation!) We were me, dh, dd10 and ds7 and our bill came to $145, a good value on the ddp considering that we were paying $125 per day. Appetizers were a choice of the salad with I think a ginger dressing (dd got this but ordered it without the dressing), a miso soup, seaweed salad or edamame. A small serving of seaweed salad is included free of charge (we all really liked it except ds). Sushi can be ordered a la carte (we did get one combo roll to share, as my dh loves sushi). Dessert was a choice of several kinds of ice cream, fresh fruit (I got this and it was pineapple) or ginger cake. I don't recall seeing lobster on the menu, and our waitress didn't note any exclusions so maybe they just took it off. Kids had a choice of a $12 chicken or shrimp meal, which was served with rice and the same veggie/noodle combo the adults got and included dessert, or a simpler (and less expensive) chicken meal that came with rice and the typical kids mixed veggies (cubed carrots, peas, corn, etc.) that may not have come with dessert.

I'd do a search in this DDP Forum for Teppanyaki. You may find more-- recent reviews of exclusions.

I had the free dining last year and was able to get the lobster. There was nothing we couldn't get. I'd be interested to know if this changed as I have a friend leaving in 30 days who purchased the dining plan and is going to this restaurant. She'll want to change her ADR if lobster isn't available...

and the above poster is pretty much on target.

Sushi is not part of the plan, but can be ordered separately. Single or combo meals are included, but not the lobster.

Dessert was ice cream, fruit or ginger cake.

It was very good and there was more than enough food to fill you up. Since I'm not a sushi eater, I never missed it, but I'm sure if you like it, you might be disappointed that you can't have it on the plan.

Our group of 6 ate there late last Sept under the free dinning plan and the only items I remember we could not order under the plan was the sushi and any alcohol. We had a great experience and would recomend the resteraunt!

We ate there in Sept. as well and don't recall any exclusions. However, I didn't ask about lobster.

I'd like to share with DD3, and want to be sure that if I get the combo meal, there'll still be enough to share. She eats a little of this, a little of that....

That's part of the problem, with respect to "facts" versus "rumors" -- reality has changed, so you'll hear differing accounts because reality was different. What's worse is that reality is not static -- things could and perhaps will continue to change. The only "facts" for any of the dining plan information is that (1) you'll most likely feel you got a good value for what you paid, and (2) things are subject to change.

The plan did tighten up after last summer's free dining, and you can no longer order the lobster. A lot of things that people received during the last free dining are no longer available at various restaurants (free add-ons, light-up ice cubes, dessert with breakfast), etc. If you haven't used the plan since last summer/early fall...a lot has changed.

I think there will be plenty of food. I had the steak/chicken combo and dh had the steak/shrimp combo and we both felt there was plenty. The chef gives you a really nice portion of the steak and it's cubed into what I consider healthy sized cubes (not skimpy by any means).

If you're sharing with a 3 yo, I think you'll be just fine. Remember you get an appie as well as dessert, plus all the veggies the chef cooks as well.

As I said above, we were there on Thursday, April 13th and found that we all had enough food.

Cookie Princess said:
The plan did tighten up after last summer's free dining, and you can no longer order the lobster. A lot of things that people received during the last free dining are no longer available at various restaurants (free add-ons, light-up ice cubes, dessert with breakfast), etc. If you haven't used the plan since last summer/early fall...a lot has changed.

we were just in wdw in january on the ddp and were able to get some "extras" that we were unable to get (or had to pay for) in aug/sept (i.e. glow cubes, adult appy for 8yo ds) so i really feel it's all subjective, based on when, where and who...

Only if there is no child appetizer on the menu. AAMOF, some restaurants have added child appetizers to address this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter