Teppan Edo

DD is not allergic to sesame, but she is allergic to shellfish and peanuts. They were great with accommodating her. They made her food after mine (I'm a vegetarian) to avoid any contamination. They also asked if I would rather them prepare it on a dedicated grill in the kitchen instead of tableside.

My kids are also not allergic to sesame. They have peanut, treenut and shellfish allergies. Teppan Edo was extremely helpful and careful accomodating their allergies. Their food was prepared and served first. The chef repeatedly clarified their allergies before continuing with another ingredient. When it came time for the sesame seeds, he asked if anyone at the table had a sesame allergy, then when no one responded, he asked everyone again.

Have the allergy noted on your ADR and remind the hostess, server and chef when you arrive. The great thing about Teppan Edo is that you can see your food being prepared and be sure it's safe.

As others have said, allergy food is cooked separate from everybody else's so no concerns there.

That being said, when I spoke with a chef at Tokyo Dining (therefore I don't know if it works the same or not) I was told that they use sesame oil in their cooking oil and the chef was concerned for my daughter's safety. I appreciated the honesty and understanding of allergies but cancelled the ADR. I'd ask Special Diets to have a chef contact you from Teppan Edo to ask specifically about sesame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter