• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teppan Edo...Honestly

We like the food there. They serve noodles with the vegetables, which we like. The one we have by us likes to give a bunch of bean sprouts as their "filler", which is gross(and cheap) to me. We have always had good quality food at Teppan and the kids always request that we go there on our trips.

ut I think the Benihana chain sets the standard with all grill items on the menu being really great,

The one time that we ate at a Benihana's, the food was horrible. They could not get the steak temperature right, the fried rice was gross, none of us ate it, and they really gave small portions for the price. It was the worst Teppanyaki experience that any of us have ever had. I don't know if it was the location or what. But we left feeling ripped off.

We like the food there. They serve noodles with the vegetables, which we like. The one we have by us likes to give a bunch of bean sprouts as their "filler", which is gross(and cheap) to me. We have always had good quality food at Teppan and the kids always request that we go there on our trips.
I guess it depends on the person, my local chain does the bean sprout thing and my family loves it.

The one time that we ate at a Benihana's, the food was horrible. They could not get the steak temperature right, the fried rice was gross, none of us ate it, and they really gave small portions for the price. It was the worst Teppanyaki experience that any of us have ever had. I don't know if it was the location or what. But we left feeling ripped off.
Sorry to hear that. I usually only do medium rare for steaks and tend not to eat fried rice at all.

Sorry to hear that. I usually only do medium rare for steaks and tend not to eat fried rice at all.

We do medium rare also, but he cooked it well done, yuck. We are OK without fried rice at Teppan Edo, but our local teppanyaki place makes such good fried rice and the server was saying how Benihana has the best fried rice, that we got it. None of us liked it at all, not even the kids who live for that stuff at our local place.

We enjoy Tokyo Dining more. The bento boxes are really good and if you ask, they try to accommodate a window seat request. The view is beautiful.

We really, really enjoyed our meal there in March. The steak was really really excellent. It is my DH's only request for next trip.

We don't have a hibachi house nearby to compare it too, though.

This style of cooking is not hibachi, it is teppanyaki.

The flattop griddle cooking surface is called a teppan, hence the name of the restaurant.

A hibachi is a brazier designed to hold charcoal and items are cooked over flames (like a grill).

Unfortunately in North America, for some reason, hibachi has come to commonly describe what is really teppanyaki.

We did Teppan Edo about 8 years ago. My daughter was little and she was a picky eater, so she didn’t like it....but now she loves places like this. However, her favorite is fried rice. Am I right that they serve white rice not fried rice?

My daughter is also a picky eater, a vegetarian with food allergies to boot. We loved the food and the show so much the first time that we actually went back for another meal that trip. It has become a must-do every time.

I'd like to add that they are wonderful about allergies and special diets. The chef came out before any cooking began, to go over exactly what was and wasn't something my daughter could eat, even suggesting alternative ingredients (some kind of vegetable noodle, for example). And whether sharing the grill was acceptable--very thorough!

We don't go to any similar restaurants at home, though, so we can only say we love what we get at Teppan Edo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter