Tenting security question

C

catwho

I am thinking of heading down to WDW for a 2 night's stay and camping. It will just be me or maybe me and my 10 yo. I am hoping to meet a friend there and though that camping would be the great budget answer. My question concerned security when tent camping. If I leave (say) my new Mickey Mouse T-shirt in my tent will it still be there when I get back? I would not be leaivng things like my camera or money, but just general things. Or is there somewhere that you can rent a more secure place such as a locker or are there safes available at the main area?

While WDW is not exempt from crime and theft, you should be fine, the campground is patroled by security on horseback, golf carts and cars, lock any valuables in the car or use the safe deposit boxes at the front desk.

Oh duh! {hitting self upside the head) Don't know why I didn't think of "lock it in the car" LOL!! I guess I was thinking of when I go "roughing it" camping and the car is 10-20 miles away! Geeze Loise. One of these days I'm going to use *both* my brain cells at the same time!

:earsgirl:

I have never had trouble when camping as far as theift. Knock on wood.

I did stay at Hard Rock Hotel for just one night and ended up with a broken window and a messy van. I had new a shirt, watches, misc stuff and nothing was stolen. But the broken window was a problem that had to be fixed right away. So you never know what could happen.

I dont think that anyone would get by with breaking into cars at a campground, to many witnesses near by. At the HRH, it was done late night/early morning in a parking lot . I think they even have security in the parking lot now.

I have to laugh because I never thought of locking the stuff in the car either. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter