Tent/Pop-up Loop?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I’m planning to stay on after the rest of my family leaves in late Januar.y. We are booked into a Premium site for the family portion of the trip. To save a bit ($$$ Premium Meadow was my only other option.) I‘ve booked a Tent/Pop-up site but have never stayed in one of these. I know I can manage without a sewer hook up (I’ve done so in the past) but have a few questions about other stuff.

I’ll be in a 21’ camper van so the size shouldn’t be a problem, right?

Also, is there a huge difference between Loops 1500 and 2000 if I won’t be swimming or using any of the amenities at the Meadows Trading Post?

Is one loop better than the other for transportation? I don’t mind walking a bit. I regularly walk from the 1700 loop to the Outpost.

Thanks!

3636A8B4-BC53-477D-B16E-04B5A80EFD06.png

You should be fine.

2000 loop is further out from the amenities, but since you don’t mind walking that shouldn’t matter.

There is bus transportation for both, 1500 is on the yellow route which also goes to the Wilderness Lodge, 2000 is on the purple route.

2000 has 2 dedicated comfort stations, whereas 1500 loop shares a comfort station with 1600 loop.

Overall, I think either one will work for you.

I forgot to mention there is a shortcut from the back side of 2000 loop, through the group camping area that will bring you to the back of the 900 loop.

Since you asked particularly about transportation, one key is that 2000 itself is on the Purple bus line and the bus stop is right behind the Comfort Station nearest the loop entrance.

But if you don't mind a 60-second walk, if you walk out the entrance of the loop and to the 2200 (cabin) bus stop, that stop has both Purple AND Orange buses going past. Two bus lines to choose from is better than one. 1500 (my favorite) only has one line (Yellow) going by.

Main difference generally between the two camping loops is 1500 has smaller tent pads (not key for you), it's convenient to Meadow area (not key for you), and IMO quieter than 2000. 2000 tends to get lots of kids/families on weekends particularly and it can be loud in the mornings and evenings (more so than 1500 IMO).

Your rig will fit just fine.

Bama Ed

When we had our pop-up we always stayed in the 2000 loop. Now we have a TT and have stayed in the 1300 & 1400 loops. With the 2000 loop you feel like you are on the edge of everything. If you want to be more immersed in the disney feel I would suggest the 1500 loop. More in the middle of the action so to speak. But if its just a place to lay your head either would be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter