Tenaya Lodge - Yosemite

Billybob7

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed here and can offer a review/advice on whether it is worth it?

Thanks!

I have been to the Ahwahnee and the lounge/lobby area is MASSIVE with a WALK IN sized fireplace. It was awesome. If that is one of your choices I would vote a big YES on that one. The Tenaya sure does look like in pictures though!

Good luck and have fun :goodvibes

We stayed at Tenaya Lodge last summer. I thought it was ok but not spectacular. I guess I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more of a resort. It did have two pools (indoor and outdoor), but somehow it just seemed like it could have been more, especially for the price. More of a connection with the beautiful area around the lodge--hiking trails or something. It's also quite a trek from Tenaya to Yosemite valley, which I regretted at the end of a long day. I noticed the prices for sandwiches to take into the park were higher than those in the park.

If I had it to do again, I think I'd try to get a reservation at the Yosemite View Lodge in the El Portal area. Someone who did a trip report on this board stayed at the Yosemite View Lodge, and it looked nice, especially the river going right past it. It is near to the park entrance that is closest to the Yosemite valley.

http://www.nationalparkreservations.com/yosemite_view.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter