Temp/power monitor for dog

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
I've know that at least a few of you out there have talked about your monitor systems for power and temperature for pooches in the camper... what models do you have? Happy with them? Do they work with whomever your phone service provider is? Thanks!

I did a lot of research into this. I think the best pick for a stand alone monitor only system is the Marcell. https://www.meetmarcell.com/ Use ATT service. They have plans that allow you to pause service/seasonal.

Second up is a newer company called waggle. https://mywaggle.com/ They seem ok in reasearch, think based on VZW service. Does not seem to have any way to have seasonal service.

And then there is my way. Since I decided to setup permanent internet in the RV to support streaming, use and IoT (internet of things) I went with RV Whisper which is a complete monitoring system for the RV. This only works on WiFi so you need to bring (and leave) your internet with the device for it to work while you are away.

There are other wifi monitors that give temp notifications, but these 3 do txt and app notification with the first two having their own cellular based services built in (for a monthly fee of course). It was because of that fee, plus looking into a hotspot for the RV that I chose the latter route. If I am going to pay per month, might as well make it the most cost effective for my needs.

I bought the Waggle. I got it two days before leaving for Florida. It was DOA. After talking to tech support, they shipped a new one over-night. It worked great for about 2 months, then it would not report to my phone anymore. I talked with tech support again. After about two days of back-and-forth phone calls with them, they sent me another new one. It's been running great for 6 months. The concept is good, tech support, took a few back-and-forth phone calls to clarify/prove the problem, but then life was fine. After calling them, they called me a couple times and asked additional questions. I am going to stay with the system. It monitors temperature, humidity, and power.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter