Tell me what it's like beginning of September.

stephensmum

DIS Veteran
We have always gone to Florida for the last 2 weeks of August and go with the same plan of park for opening, rest in the afternoon and meal & park for the evening. We arrive at Disney 31st Aug, so we will have shorter park hours and I think less crowds. With this in mind I'm struggling to make my plans. The other thing is we are staying at the Beach Club, so we can pop into Epcot as & when we feel.

It's my ADR day tomorrow !

Any info would be appreciated.

Expect the weather to be the same but the parks quieter. Park hours will be shorter. I would plan for a similar schedule personally as you usually do although having stayed at the Beach Club the ability to pop into Epcot does make a difference to how you might tackle that park. Really though you will probably just get more done before your afternoon break making the lack of late evening hours a lesser issue.

Expect the weather to be the same but the parks quieter. Park hours will be shorter. I would plan for a similar schedule personally as you usually do although having stayed at the Beach Club the ability to pop into Epcot does make a difference to how you might tackle that park. Really though you will probably just get more done before your afternoon break making the lack of late evening hours a lesser issue.

I've been in September twice. The weather is still very hot. The crowds are great. There will still be some lines at favorite rides but for the most part it is a wonderful time of year to go. The kids are back in school and most parents don't take them out of school at the beg. of a new school year. I've actually never been when it's crowded. I'm going for Thanksgiving this year and expect to be "shocked" with how many people will be there. Schedule your plans as usual. You will enjoy your resort a lot more, since the parks close earlier. You may find you are less exhausted when you return home. Have a great trip!

It will as dead as WDW can be dead now (ie not really dead anymore), expecially the second week of September. I love September and January because crowds are so low that you can do more in less time and enjoy your vacation with less stress.
For September my suggestion is to book a late lunch for table services. Around 1pm it's so hot and humid that even walking outside is a challenge. So you can sit down and relax while eating and then go back to the resort for a break. And in the evening a quick dinner will leave you more time to enjoy the parks with low crowds after people who skipped the afternoon break will leave exausted and miserable. And lunch menus are almost everywhere cheaper.

We once went similar time, arrived back around 9th September but left ever so slightly earlier, we also stayed at BC that trip. Honestly I thought it was really quiet apart from Labour Day weekend. Weather was good, very hot, very humid, rain not too bad apart from the first couple of days then I don't think we saw a spot of rain.

We tended to go back to the hotel around 2/3pm and then have a early ish evening meal then go back into the parks for a bit and it worked well. I don't think we actually did any evening EMH apart from maybe one evening because we were so tired by that point!

Thanks everyone. It's hard to imagine the crowds or lack of them. We've (until fp+) have run around gathering fps to use at night. I'm looking forward to discovering all those little hidden things that I've overlooked or not had time for.

We arrived one year on the 3rd september and it was amazing! So quiet. But still very hot! :)

We have always gone to Florida for the last 2 weeks of August and go with the same plan of park for opening, rest in the afternoon and meal & park for the evening. We arrive at Disney 31st Aug, so we will have shorter park hours and I think less crowds. With this in mind I'm struggling to make my plans. The other thing is we are staying at the Beach Club, so we can pop into Epcot as & when we feel.

It's my ADR day tomorrow !

Any info would be appreciated.

Hey stephensmum, I was at WDW from September 2-16th 2014, and it was practically empty! For the first 10-12 days most attractions were practically walk ons, it was perfect. There are a lot of photos in my trip report that is linked in my signature if you want to take a look at what it was like! (We also stayed at the Beach Club for our first week :thumbsup2)

We've done 2 weeks at the beginning of September and 2 weeks at the end of September and found we love September and would always try and go back at this time of year (just 2 adults so don't have to worry about school holidays). We didn't have to wait long for rides, could change ADRs and fast passes without too many problems, although busy it wasn't over crowded and the weather was good. Worried when we have to find alternative times to go

Hey stephensmum, I was at WDW from September 2-16th 2014, and it was practically empty! For the first 10-12 days most attractions were practically walk ons, it was perfect. There are a lot of photos in my trip report that is linked in my signature if you want to take a look at what it was like! (We also stayed at the Beach Club for our first week :thumbsup2)
Thanks Katie just spent a really lovely day reading your trippie. You made me laugh so much. Can't believe the parks are so empty, can usually only do school hols as I work in school. This year I'm not back until 7 sept and requested an extra week so happy days, going at a q uite time at last. Oh and the bc looks lovely.

We've done 2 weeks at the beginning of September and 2 weeks at the end of September and found we love September and would always try and go back at this time of year (just 2 adults so don't have to worry about school holidays). We didn't have to wait long for rides, could change ADRs and fast passes without too many problems, although busy it wasn't over crowded and the weather was good. Worried when we have to find alternative times to go
Thanks, that's good to know as I've only booked a few meals, so far.

I was going to post a similar thread myself, so glad I've just seen this one!

We're aiming on going in September for the first time this year: Sept 5th-Sept 19th. I've only ever been during the summer months and April/May before, so I'm so glad to read all of the above!! Getting even more excited now (if that's even possible!).

we didn't notice any difference in park hours but they did quite down a lot as we went in to september , also the halloween decs were all up which was lovely to see

ooh how did u manage to get the extra week ? i will have to try that , really don't want to go in school hols

we didn't notice any difference in park hours but they did quite down a lot as we went in to september , also the halloween decs were all up which was lovely to see

ooh how did u manage to get the extra week ? i will have to try that , really don't want to go in school hols

I'm part time and as such entitled to ask, I don't get paid for all school hols either, so it is a bit of a bug bear having to go at the dearest time.

More pleased that I don't have to be as rigid with our plans, my ds hates that.

So glad to read this... this will be only our 2nd trip (just got back Saturday) and booked one for Aug 28 - Sep 6 ... here is hoping to another experience like we just had!! :)

I was going to post a similar thread myself, so glad I've just seen this one!

We're aiming on going in September for the first time this year: Sept 5th-Sept 19th. I've only ever been during the summer months and April/May before, so I'm so glad to read all of the above!! Getting even more excited now (if that's even possible!).

Dr Beth where have you been?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter