Tell me truly about Oga’s Cantina…

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
So I managed to snag a rezzie but I’m not really sure about it..l

A). I don’t drink alcohol so there’s no attraction there.
B). Not really much in way of food but I could do the Five Blossom bread (which is just an overpriced pretzel)

Is the ambience worth it? Is it truly like the cantina in the films? I’m expecting lots of animatronics and the like. Will I be disappointed?

So anxious to hear your thoughts..oh,,I do like Star Wars but not a total geek about it (as many already know…my heart belongs to the Avengers).

TIA!

• If you enjoy Star Wars, you will have a great time, so don't worry about that!
  • There are several fun, themed, non-alcoholic drinks on the menu so you won't be disappointed there. I haven't tried them personally, but have seen them being ordered and they look tasty.
  • It's loud, but DJ Rex blasting the custom Star Wars themed dance music is part of the fun. (Playlist can be found on Spotify)
  • When the place is full, it has a great energy!
  • There is really just one animatronic, DJ Rex. There is a themed event that happens every so often where the power generator fails, and the bartenders have to "fix it".
  • We've been to the Disney World Oga's several times and always have a blast, and can't wait to go back.

I am not a big Star Wars fan, but I have been twice with friends who are full Star Wars geeks and who don't drink alcohol either. For me, it's a one and done - I enjoyed going just to see it, but I'd be fine never stopping in again. For my friends, they thought it was fun and were glad to try it once, but didn't feel a need to go again unless they happen to be traveling with someone who wanted to see it.
On one of my visits we were seated at a table, but the second visit we were at one of the standing tables and that certainly kept us from lingering for very long since we were all tired and ready to be off our feet. I think if you like Star Wars it's fun to go one time to check it out, but think of it as an attraction where you will be on your feet the whole time and you get a fun drink.

So I managed to snag a rezzie but I’m not really sure about it..l

A). I don’t drink alcohol so there’s no attraction there.
B). Not really much in way of food but I could do the Five Blossom bread (which is just an overpriced pretzel)

Is the ambience worth it? Is it truly like the cantina in the films? I’m expecting lots of animatronics and the like. Will I be disappointed?

So anxious to hear your thoughts..oh,,I do like Star Wars but not a total geek about it (as many already know…my heart belongs to the Avengers).

TIA!
I have only been to the Oga's in Disney World. I have been twice and will say it is some of the best theming that I have seen. As a non-drinker I thought it was overly expensive and more of a one and done for me. My first visit was with my teen daughter who adored the theming, bought 2 Cliff Dwellers so I have 2 cute Porg glasses (which are a PIA to clean- LOL!). Second trip was with my teen daughter and adult son who is Star Wars obsessed. Drinks were meh, but for him the theming would be worth plenty more trips. Both times we were sat at the bar and service was sort of rushed.

I always enjoy Oga's. And honestly, the Five Blossom Bread is REALLY excellent, as is the cheese sauce and mustard foam that comes with it. Way better than any of the cart pretzels IMO.

It's definitely something you should do at least once if you like Star Wars at all.

I have only been to the Oga's in Disney World. I have been twice and will say it is some of the best theming that I have seen. As a non-drinker I thought it was overly expensive and more of a one and done for me. My first visit was with my teen daughter who adored the theming, bought 2 Cliff Dwellers so I have 2 cute Porg glasses (which are a PIA to clean- LOL!). Second trip was with my teen daughter and adult son who is Star Wars obsessed. Drinks were meh, but for him the theming would be worth plenty more trips. Both times we were sat at the bar and service was sort of rushed.
I always want to use my Oga's and Trader Sam's mugs at home, but, then I think about having to hand wash it the next morning 🤣 .

If you like Star Wars, you definitely should try it.

I've only done the WDW version, but imagine DL has to be near identical. The first time we went my girlfriend and I were place at one of the ends of the U shaped bar. We were away from Rex and couldn't really see him, the drinks were good but only had a middling time. A few months later we were going and I had reservations, I debated cancelling sine the first time was just decent, and didn't think I'd want to waste park time doing it again, but we kept it. This time we were standing right in front of Rex. We had a much better time, we could see/hear all of Rex's antics and the bar.

I'm hitting DLR this June and will try and score a reservation. Its not a MUST do, make or break reservation, but will try to do it every time now.

SO for us, the location that you are placed played a part in our enjoyment. Also I think there is a NA drink that comes in tiki mug, I find those tiki mugs make nice souvenirs.

I've never been and don't plan to go unless I happen to be with someone who loves it. I have a friend who adores the whole land so I'd be happy to go with her if she asked.

TBH, I rarely go into that area at all. I know and appreciate the devotion of SWs fans, I'm just not one of them, and I prefer the pretty fantasy realms 😁

By all means, give it a go! It isn't quite like the cantina in the films given that the guests are all (AFAIK) human, but it's got great ambiance.

You should definitely go, at least once, especially if you like Star Wars. The theming is great. I don't drink alcohol either, so I just had the other drinks plus the food. That 5 blossom bread is delicious!

It isn't like the Mos Eisley cantina, but it feels like a Star Wars movie location, for sure. You can even just pop in, have a quick snack or drink and leave. It doesn't have to take up alot of your park time.

The five blossom bread is actually pretty tasty… especially if they are still serving it with the mustard foam (I feel like I saw it was not there for a bit a while back). The Blue Bantha is also pretty good (a non-slush version of blue milk served with a cookie) and my friend liked the non-alcoholic coffee drink. Inside is cool, especially if you’re near DJ Rex and/or it’s a fun crowd. Not sure what a non-Star Wars fan would think of it as I’m a pretty big fan of Star Wars.

Is it truly like the cantina in the films?
This comment is going to make sound far more like one of those fans than I am in reality. It looks like the cantina in A New Hope, but the door is in a different place which makes everything feel a little off.

If you are a fan, it is worth going to once, but it was a one and done for me. I was not impressed with NA drinks, but the food and drink menu have changed since I was there, so I will let people with more recent experiences speak to that.

It isn't like the Mos Eisley cantina, but it feels like a Star Wars movie location, for sure. You can even just pop in, have a quick snack or drink and leave. It doesn't have to take up alot of your park time.

This is the best advice.

Thanks, everyone! I’m going to keep for now, probably will go ahead as it’s a new experience for me. I’ll end up being a “one and done” too but at least I will be able to say I’ve been there.

For those in the know…all those NA drinks sound SO SWEET. Like gag me sweet. Can you get them customized at all, like the lemonade Blurggfire without the habanero lime?

I don't think you can customize any of the drinks other than leaving off garnish type things like the cookie or the popping pearl boba stuff. Pretty sure they are premade. Also the Five Blossom Bread is actually really really good and if I were in the area anyway and could get a short walk up time I would go there just to have the bread for snack.

I always enjoy Oga's. And honestly, the Five Blossom Bread is REALLY excellent, as is the cheese sauce and mustard foam that comes with it. Way better than any of the cart pretzels IMO.

It's definitely something you should do at least once if you like Star Wars at all.
Great to hear! How many people do you think one would serve? There will be four of us. Its not a meal stop, just a snack and we will order the meat and cheese also. Do you think we need two orders?

Great to hear! How many people do you think one would serve? There will be four of us. Its not a meal stop, just a snack and we will order the meat and cheese also. Do you think we need two orders?
I have never had the meat and cheese so I can't say how big that is but I was there with my sister and we ordered one to share and it was perfect so if I were just ordering the pretzel for 4 people I would order 2. I could easily eat one alone as a bigger snack so even with the meat and cheese I think 2 wouldn't be too much food for 4 people as a snack

I have never had the meat and cheese so I can't say how big that is but I was there with my sister and we ordered one to share and it was perfect so if I were just ordering the pretzel for 4 people I would order 2. I could easily eat one alone as a bigger snack so even with the meat and cheese I think 2 wouldn't be too much food for 4 people as a snack
Thanks so much!

It's well themed, so I would go at least once to experience it. I also don't drink alcohol, but they have a lot of non-alcoholic options (not just soda). The Carbon Freeze is fun, but it looks like that might be WDW only (I don't see it on the DLR menu)... they may have other fun drinks not at WDW!

To temper your expectations, there's only one animatronic and the whole place is often crowded (so that takes away from total immersion of feeling like it's the cantina from the film). But I think it's worth it to pop in and have a drink (you don't even need to get a snack unless you want to)... you don't have to stay long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter