Tell me something I don't know. . 2 adults conquering the World

Belle_princess

DIS Veteran
My friend and I are hoping to go to Disney. We are 30 and 31. :cutie::cutie:

I consider myself fairly knowledgable about Disney World. My friend feels she is the same. We want to know what 'special' things are at the World that we might have overlooked. What do you suggest?

I've read the "Without the DIS, I would have never. . . " thread, and it helped some. I just want to know what special, often overlooked things are at the World that will make this trip extra special! :banana:

I would love some ideas too! By friend and I just found out our wonderful boss is sending us back in May for a conference. We are planning to go the Boardwalk where the piano player is, we regretted not doing that last time. We are also going to California Grill again for Sushi during MK fireworks. We are staying at OKW this time, we were at Contemporary last time and loved it. We went to MK and DS last time, so hope to se AK and Epcot this go around. Also thinking about beach at Polynesian to watch the fireworks another night after meetings, we both loved them last year. Can't wait!

The Tremaines, Cindy's evil stepmother and stepsisters Anastasia & Drucilla, do meet and greets most days at the MK. Find out their schedule and just hang out and watch them. They are so funny that you will laugh yourself silly! Some of the things they say to the kids are just priceless. ;)

At the River Roost at POR. Go see Yeehaa Bob! I think he's there on Wednesday nights. He is a blast!! Lots of audience participation. He has a website, but I don't recall the url. Maybe if you Google him......
But this is something we stumbled upon on one of our trips and it turned out to be one of the most memorable nights of our memories. :rotfl2:

Most of what I do is family friendly. However, I enjoy drinking around the world at Epcot, especially spending some time with the Hat Lady in the UK.

I've also tried to drink around the monorail, but the children who were in the bars at Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge made it a little distracting.

This is not particularly relevant to an adults-only trip, but if you haven't eaten at Earl of Sandwich at DD I highly recommend it.

At Epcot's Canada Pavilion, check out Off Kilter's last show of the evening. There is normally a drunk or 2 to amuse the band and the crowd!
:rockband: :shamrock: :drinking1:rotfl2:;)

Epcot-Check out the British Invasion concerts in the gazebo in the "hidden" part of UK. They play frequently & are a good Beatles tribute band.

Also, this "park" frequently has characters appear without a throng of kids in tow. Good place to get pictures.

Hubby and I are going this December (hopefully - the dollar is a par right now so makes it good....) and something we always wanted to do was one of the tours where you actually go UNDER Disney World and see how it all works - I believe participants have to be at least 16 or 18....I keep thinking it's called "Beyond the Magic" or something, but can't quite remember.....This year may be the chance we get to do that...

Another thing we want to do is to just take a day at the resort and relax around the pool and maybe do as an OP mentioned and visit a few of the other resorts to look around, have lunch, etc.

Ooops - should have added that when I read about this, it is an all day tour for which you pay extra and at the time I read it, lunch as included. Limited number each day.....

...and something we always wanted to do was one of the tours where you actually go UNDER Disney World and see how it all works - I believe participants have to be at least 16 or 18....I keep thinking it's called "Beyond the Magic" or something,...

Backstage Magic, and you must be 16.
http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm#bsm

Keys To The Kingdom also goes under, into the utilidors.

I've taken both and highly recommend them! :thumbsup2

Go to Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk (duelling piano bar - very fun!)

Definitely watch the live music in Epcot (like the PP said). The Beatles cover band is great!

Do the Segway tour in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter