Tell me more about the Yachtsman Steakhouse?

disneylandfan60

Earning My Ears
I am going to Yachtsman Steakhouse soon and was wondering what to expect. After looking at the menu i am over wellmed. What do you think of this restaurant and what do you think is the best thing to order. Fill me in on anything you know.:)

I've eaten there on my last three trips, it is one of my family's favorite restaurants. We generally have one of the steaks but my DD does not eat red meat and orders the chicken. She told me it was the best she had ever had. My favorite appetizer it the lobster bisque.

The atmosphere is pretty casual, and in my experience, the service attentive.

Having eaten there a month ago for the first time, we were very dissapointed. Our Apps were very good, but the beef was subpar. I know everyone loves this place, but having eaten at nearly every signature dining restaurant at disney numerous times, we find YS to be one of our worst meals. That being said, I def recomend trying it for yourself. We will probably give it another shot on our next trip, hoping for a better experience.

I have a ton of pics and review from our April 5th ressie, the link is in my signature

We ate there last month and I had the Tomato Salad for an appetizer and my DH and I both had the Sea Bass for our entree. Both were delicious. My kids ate the steak from the kids menu and liked their meals as well. This was our fourth time there, and all meals have been excellent.

We've eaten here several times and I think it's okay. I'm not a filet fan and prefer the more flavorful steaks but I haven't been all that impressed here with the rib eye or the New York. They do cook it to my liking (very rare) but the cuts are often very tough. The last time I could barely cut it, it was so stringy. Others in our group who have had the filet have said it's been very good.

I like the restaurant though. It's always been quiet, service is very good. We've tried different appetizers each time and enjoyed all of them (most recently DH and I shared the ahi carpaccio). And their creme brulee here is my favorite WDW dessert.

We eat here when we stay at the Yacht or Beach Clubs and I will eat here again on future trips.

We've eaten here several times and I think it's okay. I'm not a filet fan and prefer the more flavorful steaks but I haven't been all that impressed here with the rib eye or the New York. They do cook it to my liking (very rare) but the cuts are often very tough. The last time I could barely cut it, it was so stringy. Others in our group who have had the filet have said it's been very good.

I like the restaurant though. It's always been quiet, service is very good. We've tried different appetizers each time and enjoyed all of them (most recently DH and I shared the ahi carpaccio). And their creme brulee here is my favorite WDW dessert.

We eat here when we stay at the Yacht or Beach Clubs and I will eat here again on future trips.

Finally someone that agrees with me. I am NOT a huge steak fan, but I know a good one when I have it. I don't even think their beef is prime. I had to send my first NY strip back because it was overcooked. Both peices were tough as nails, with excess silver skin. My fiance's filet was okay, but not even on par with Le Cellier. I've had much better beef at CA grill, FF, AP, and def offsite at Emeril's and Tchoup Chop. There serve hereford beef, which is 1000 x's better in my book. I've read someone saying YS beef was in the same league as morton's? Maybe it was just a bad night for us, but I was unimpressed. Especially considering the $40+ price tag for the entrees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter