Tell me I am not insane! MF Keelboats at WDW...

Matt'sMom

DIS Veteran
OK. The Mike Fink Keelboats at WDW--these were closed down for good back in 1997, correct??? I have read that the former dock area, located by the HM, is now a designated smoking area.

I said they were closed, but other person insists they are still operating at WDW, and that he has a photo he took of them in operation (at WDW in FL) just a couple weeks ago. Have not seen the 'photo' in question. I believe he may be confusing the raft that takes you over to Tom Sawyer Island, with the former Keelboats. Or perhaps he saw one of the older boats tied up somehwere, though no longer in use as a 'ride'. Either that, or he is really confused and thinking of the big paddleboat, "Liberty Belle". :confused3

What do you think? Am I right, or is he? :rolleyes1

The Keel boats closed on April 28, 2001. Me, my daughter and some of her friends were on the last boat before it closed. They all knew the day it was going to close so we got there just before dark and asked if that was the last boat. It was. It was so much fun, but sad at the same time. Here are some pictures of the last boat trip.

The last crew on the keel boats
keelboats4.jpg

Friends on the last keel boat ride
keelboats-WDW.jpg

The last spiel from the dock
keelboats3.jpg

"I've always wanted to inflate one of these"
keel.jpg

The Keel boats closed on April 28, 2001. Me, my daughter and some of her friends were on the last boat before it closed. They all knew the day it was going to close...

Thanks for the confirmation. I was so sure they had been closed down. Just had the incorrect date. Sounds like they've been gone c. 7 years, as oppossed to 10 years. But at least I was not imagining it. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter