• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tell me how easy it will be

huckster

DIS Veteran
for my son 29 to use a rented scooter with broken foot he can not bare any weight on it how will he manage rides ? is it do-able? will they stop rides with moving side walks as he uses his crutches? ?and the busses ? he is thinking of not going his two kids are also going with me the grandma? i really dont want him to miss it .
thanks for any input

First of all his scooter rental should be from off-site. When the reservation is made make sure they are told he will need crutch holders on the ECV; these are not automatically there and add about $10.00 to the rental fee (total, not daily). The Disney ECVs do not have crutch holders.

Some attractions he may be able to go on in thee ECV. Some he may have to transfer to a wheelchair, and some he will have to transfer to a ride vehicle.

SpaceShip Earth and Haunted Mansion can be stopped to allow people on and off. Peter Pan will not be stopped unless a true emergency. I'm not sure how it is handled on TTA, but thgose are the attractions with moving entries.

Cheshire Figment said:
First of all his scooter rental should be from off-site. When the reservation is made make sure they are told he will need crutch holders on the ECV; these are not automatically there and add about $10.00 to the rental fee (total, not daily). The Disney ECVs do not have crutch holders.

Man, do I wish I'd posted here before I went to Disney World this year! I thought I knew everything about ECV rental, but apparently not. I ddn't know crutch holders were available as an add-on - I kept mine balanced (more or less) between me and the steering mechanism, and often watched things through the crutches! Thanks for the tip!

I'm at work, so I don't have my "Sticky notes" available, but if you go to a current post about someone takeing their blind DD to WDW, there is a list on one of the pages that I posted about rides with moving walkways.
Most of them can be slowed or stopped. The exceptions are Peter Pan and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority.

SueM in MN said:
I'm at work, so I don't have my "Sticky notes" available, but if you go to a current post about someone takeing their blind DD to WDW, there is a list on one of the pages that I posted about rides with moving walkways.
Most of them can be slowed or stopped. The exceptions are Peter Pan and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
Be sure to let the castmember know you need it slowed or stopped. They don't really let you know this option is available most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter