• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me everything I need to know about Coronado!

Was originally supposed to fly into MCO on Wednesday, but had to move it to next Saturday for the impending hurricane. They were all out of value rooms.

So it looks like I’ll be staying at Coronado for the first time EVER! I’m bummed about moving but I’m excited about staying here! What should I do/see??

I literally know NOTHING, I’m so out of my element! It’ll be a split stay, Movies for 2 nights, Coronado for 3 nights.

Coronado is one of my favorites, it has the feel of a Disney deluxe for sure. Make sure to use the pool -- it's one of the best on property. So well themed. And the rooms are beautiful -- the theming of the entire resort is just on point. I've not been since they opened Gran Destino, but I'd go in there and check it out for sure. It looks beautiful.

We are heading for our second visit there in October.
We love the feel of the resort and the rooms have all been renovated since we were last there in 2017.
The new tower has recently opened and looks stunning. Can’t wait to try the new restaurants.
There’s a big thread on here that will answer lots of your question so that will be worth a read

Coronado is one of our faves. We’ve stayed there several times. I agree with above that it does have the feel of a deluxe. I can’t wait to go back and try a stay in the tower. Enjoy your visit!

Just back from a 15 night stay at CSR and have had a really great time. Would recommend this Resort as it has all that you need and and more. This was our fourth stay at this Resort and it just gets better.

We used most of the facilities at this Resort and the only criticisms I would have are the service in The Toledo Restaurant which we ate at twice and that our room in Cabanas was cleaned almost every day after 4 o’clock. We left our room around 7.30 am daily and despite a cast member saying they would change the time our room was serviced, this never happened.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful and a joy to walk around.

We will be returning in 2020.

Unless you are staying in the Gran Destino Tower, if you're there and a hurricane hits, please be sure to pay attention to the safety instructions. You might be confined in your room, as most buildings (casitas/ranchos/cabanas) only have outdoor hallways.

Unless you are staying in the Gran Destino Tower, if you're there and a hurricane hits, please be sure to pay attention to the safety instructions. You might be confined in your room, as most buildings (casitas/ranchos/cabanas) only have outdoor hallways.
As I said, I moved my stay to miss the hurricane. I would not willingly go to Disney when I know a hurricane is coming, just to be confined to my room.

We had a great stay there for 9 nights in the Gran Destino tower end of August. Excellent housekeeping and rooms are very nice. I loved the Joffreys coffee pods to use in the Keurig coffee maker. It tasted great. Our room was close to an elevator which took us to the lobby and it was a quick walk to the buses. Overall the buses were great and we didn’t wait longer than 20 minutes in the morning. One time the wait was longer going back to the hotel but that was rare.

What type of room did you book? I just loved the Ranchos section as it is soooo well themed. Look on Touring Plans and look at room views. It will give you of an idea of theme of the outside grounds.

I like Coronado and stay there frequently. I do NOT like the food court. The service and food quality is just bad. I always order groceries to do breakfast and snacks in my room and then never go back to the resort (mid-day or at the end of the day) hungry to avoid eating there.

FYI - it’s available this coming weekend on Hotwire. I booked it for Thursday thru Monday at $121 a night. You may be able to cancel your reservation and get it cheaper thru that site.

We really like this resort - it's great for photos if you like to take scenic photos. So many cool nooks throughout the resort.

The food court has been redone since I was there last but we had always enjoyed it. Along with the new restaurant in the Gran Destino Tower there is also an over the water dining option there too now. That would be a much do for us.

I like Coronado and stay there frequently. I do NOT like the food court. The service and food quality is just bad. I always order groceries to do breakfast and snacks in my room and then never go back to the resort (mid-day or at the end of the day) hungry to avoid eating there.

FYI - it’s available this coming weekend on Hotwire. I booked it for Thursday thru Monday at $121 a night. You may be able to cancel your reservation and get it cheaper thru that site.

I'm pretty new to booking Disney resorts. If we book through a 3rd party like Hotwire, do you still receive all the regular "benefits" like magic bands and EMH's? Will I be able to link the reservation in my Disney app?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter