Tell me all about the Grand Floridian at Christmas!!!

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
Well, we finally made our decision to stay at the GF for three nights the week before Christmas. We seriously thought about Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge and the Poly. We will be in a concierge/main building room. Is there any hints to getting a good view, good room, etc?? Any special activities to look forward to. We did book Candlelight processional but other ideas are needed! I have three kids and it will be my daughter's birthday while we are there. THANKS!

we stayed at GF last christmas, it was really decorated beutifully.We did not stay in the main building however.The best thing that I saw was the giant Gingerbread House in the lobby. It was so big they had a store set up inside of it. You could smell the gingerbread throughout the lobby. We are going back again this christmas staying at CR. The entire WDW resort is great this time of year and iam sure there are lots of special activities for children.:)

It's very nice at Christmas. I think it is the nicest decorated of all the resorts (hope that statement doesn't insult anyone, or cause flames :rolleyes: ).

Enjoy your trip. :cool:

I have one word for you: chestnuts.

When we were there three years ago, they were roasting them outside the front door. I felt like I was back in NYC! :D The sights, sounds and smells were pure Christmas.

And that TREE! :earseek:

I've never seen anything taller, or more majestic, or more eyepopping. Do NOT miss the reindeer lit up with lights near the front door...or the gingerbread house on the second level with the monorail running around it!

It's all too magical for words.

Oh, it sounds so wonderful! I can't wait to experience it. Thanks for the input! Anyone else?
California Dreaming: any suggestions on a room?

The Osborne Lights at MGM!!!

Or the chance to visit other hotels and see THEIR decorations.

(The Wilderness Lodge is especially pretty!)

At Epcot, in the World Showcase, they have different Santas from different countries who tell stories of their own traditions -- very charming! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter