• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me all about Boma!

mcgill93

Mouseketeer
Despite going to DW every year for the last 6 years on the DP, we have never been to Boma. We are travelling with our 4 year old dd and 18 month old son. I'm interested in hearing about people's favorite foods and whether it is fun for kids. Thanks!

My favorites were the pistachio crusted salmon & curried green beans, as well as the tamarind BBQ sauce at the carving station. Banana bread pudding at the dessert section is not to be missed.

The desserts at Boma are worth going for! Love the Zebra domes, bread pudding, and everything else. It's an experience that you may only want to do once (the food is a little different, and with kids they may not find a lot they like except the mac and cheese and stuff on the kids bar). We like it, and we love to wander around the resort when we're done. If you LOVE the zebra domes, they also sell them at the quickservice restaurant by the pool.

Boma is amazing! We were all amazed as to how much we loved it. It has so many options to choose from. Our favorite is the chicken and the prime rib :thumbsup2 They have many more option, soups, salads, pasta, salmon, potatoes. All very good. The pudding with vanilla sauce is to die for!! :lovestruc

This is our third trip with kids (4th total together) and first time we are trying BOMA. I'm so nervous! I don't like curry at all and I worry that it will all be spicy!

Well, my first question is are your kids adventurous eaters? If they are, then Boma is a great choice. But if they tend to stick to the tried and true, it may be a waste of money. They do have some of the kids staples, mac and cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti and the like, but is that really worth paying a buffet cost? If they will at least try some of the other food, then it may most definitely be worth it. The food does cover a wide range of choices, and offers alot of unique flavors.

This is our third trip with kids (4th total together) and first time we are trying BOMA. I'm so nervous! I don't like curry at all and I worry that it will all be spicy!

This was a huge concern for us too, we don't do spicy foods. With the exception of one dish I did not find anything spicy and the sauces are on the side which you can add to your food according to your taste.

This was a huge concern for us too, we don't do spicy foods. With the exception of one dish I did not find anything spicy and the sauces are on the side which you can add to your food according to your taste.

I didn't find the food to be spicy, but more that it was full of interesting flavors. Spicy and flavorful are very different!

For a strictly a mac and cheese and chickin fingers bunch, there are a lot of less expensive alternatives. For those a bit more adventurous, Boma is fantastic! I do not find a lot of the food "spicy"..just good!

My less adventurous (but becoming more so as time goes by) DD sticks to the more traditional items and doesn't eat a whole lot. We don't get the bang for the buck that the big adventuous appetite types get, but it is a can't miss for us on vacation.

Our experience with Boma is that we hated it.

It was NOT for us. To those concerned with "spicey", Boma uses sweet spices, such as cinnamon, vanilla and fruit flavors in everything! Not hot, peppery spices.

So be prepared as the meats (yes I said meats) will be rubbed with cinnamon, the side dishes, veggies, even the soups will have sweet tones to them.

Geez, by dessert you will not want it if you are anything like us and want your food to taste like food and not a holiday dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter