Tell me about staying on the second deck?

Birdie dog

DIS Veteran
I'm scheduled to Sail on the 2020 EBTA and I know that it's not going to happen. I'm planning to move my reservation to the 2021 EBTA and will wait until the last moment hoping for a larger credit when I move..

Anyway, I'm currently booked in adjoining SPH rooms with our best friends. Silly or not adjoining rooms is a necessity on these trips. So, I'm sure the SPH rooms are gone for 2021- I booked ours on platinum opening day for 2020 and I'm thinking we'll get outside rooms. It looks like there are lots of second deck adjoining outside rooms but I've never stayed that low in the ship.

How is staying down so low? I'm sure it's nice and quiet, which is great. But tell me other things about that area please?

I'm scheduled to Sail on the 2020 EBTA and I know that it's not going to happen. I'm planning to move my reservation to the 2021 EBTA and will wait until the last moment hoping for a larger credit when I move..

Anyway, I'm currently booked in adjoining SPH rooms with our best friends. Silly or not adjoining rooms is a necessity on these trips. So, I'm sure the SPH rooms are gone for 2021- I booked ours on platinum opening day for 2020 and I'm thinking we'll get outside rooms. It looks like there are lots of second deck adjoining outside rooms but I've never stayed that low in the ship.

How is staying down so low? I'm sure it's nice and quiet, which is great. But tell me other things about that area please?
We love deck 2. JUST got off Wonder WBPC cruise. Stayed in 2108. We usually stay aft port side just forward or past the elevators. Just finished 10 cruises with 8 being on deck 2. We only cruise on other decks on the Fantasy.

We are also big fans of Deck 2, having stayed there on all 4 ships. They are quiet and convenient to all the restaurants and the gangway on port days.

The SPH rooms are gone for the EBTA 2021 😢. We usually stay in the SPH rooms, but on our last cruise we were on deck 2 porthole and we loved it. We booked the same room for the EBTA 2021 🙂

I've stayed on deck 2 for the 2 classic ships. It was really convenient to the restaurants, etc. Plus the elevators were usually empty to go up to cabanas, etc. It was also very quiet.

7 of our DCL cruises were on the Magic class ships and all on deck 2.

It's generally easier to get an elevator there at busier times. It's often quieter. Easy access to adult areas (forward) and MDRs on deck 3.

Our first (and as of yet, only) cruise was OGT on the Magic, and we were assigned a room on Deck 2, technically forward, but about halfway between the mid and forward elevators, and it was FANTASTIC. Would happily stay there again and again.

Another Deck 2 fan.....we have done many, many cruises on Deck 2 and even two Panama Canal cruises and two transatlantic cruises. So easy to pop back to the cabin for something. Elevator is often empty when it opens so easy to get to the upper decks. Love seeing the water so close out the large porthole. Very easy to get back to cabin when coming on and off ship in port. Only a deck away from the atrium where lots of action is.

MJ

Love deck 2 oceanview! Did Panama Canal cruise on deck 2; fascinating watching the lock from the cabin! Did 2 TA on deck 2 as well. Convenient and quiet.

We also love deck 2. Great to open the curtain and to be able to see the ocean. Saw dolphins once in the Caribbean and whales in Alaska.

We have become accustomed to Deck 2 on the Magic and Wonder, in fact we tend to book 2122 whenever it is available because it is in the perfect location for us. Just around the corner from the rear stairwell, the laundry room is very close by, the dining rooms are directly above as are the main corridors on Decks 3/4/5 that lead to the forward parts of the ship. It also gets us straight to the entrance of Cabanas and to the pool deck drink machines.

The only real con I can think of is it's directly below Tiana's/Rapunzel's, but the only noise we experienced was during the dining times in the rare chance we were still in the room.

Would definitely recommend!

Another deck 2 lover here! Our 2 cruises have been in an oceanview room on deck 2. 2116 on the Wonder and 2108 on the Magic. Perfect locations. Near the aft elevators and near laundry. A little noise when porting in the morning from below us while in 2116. No noise from above in either room. Quick access by stairs to decks 3/4. Easy to get an elevator up to deck 9.

Just definitely read the wdwinfo room reviews--there are some rooms that seem to get extreme engine noise, but only a couple.

Secret Porthole Room, deck 5 forward. It's booked as a Deluxe Inside, category 10A. Rooms 5020, 5022, 5024, 5520, 5522, 5524. They are obstructed room views, so they are classified as inside rooms. Some rooms have more obstruction than others.
I will research those rooms and find videos. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter