• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me about Snow White, Pinnochio, Mr Toad

Matterhorn is pretty scary with the new Yetis if you've never been on it.
It really is scary now. I've been riding that ride since before they had any Yetis and my last couple visits with the new, scary Yetis had me thinking that the ride would have been too scary for me when I was a kid. I love do love it, though. New Yeti is really awesome.

So, are Snow White and Mr. Toad the same rides that were at WDW? I hope so!!!

It really is scary now. I've been riding that ride since before they had any Yetis and my last couple visits with the new, scary Yetis had me thinking that the ride would have been too scary for me when I was a kid. I love do love it, though. New Yeti is really awesome.
I agree on the scare factor increasing for first time riders.

You ascending in a mostly dark tunnel with red eye LEDs on the sides. Then you turned he corner into a cave, but it was lit.

You ascend in a lit tunnel where you see reflections of the yeti's whole face in the ice walls and growls. You turn the corner into complete darkness and more growls. A first time ride doesn't know if there's going to be a drop or what. And a drop would be logical after an ascent.

Plus, the yetis move more than their arms now, and in the new sleds the natural locations of the hand grips have moved, and you get thrown about a little more without an easy way to brace.

I consider all of these "cheesy scary." They aren't REALLY scary - they are slow ride vehicles moving through scenes that are dark in nature. HM falls into the same overall genre, I guess.

Be warned that Matterhorn is really bumpy. I wasn't prepared for that, though if I'd done any reading about it, I probably would have been.

I would say that Snow White, Pinocchio and Mr Toad all focus on the negative parts of the stories, but they're not scary. Just dark, short on characters, and abrupt happy endings.

cheesy scary..... interesting..... wicked witches, flying monkies, men behind curtains, that was my scray..... where as those apple throwing trees...that is cheesy scary.......not my son.... he can handle witches and flying monkies, but those trees, that is all he saw in Snow white, Alice, and the puppet...those scary trees at Disneyland....I did not see that coming, thank goodness for toontown and autopia

I like all these rides, but I think they are all quite different (and way shorter) than Haunted Mansion

How bumpy/rough are Snow White and Pinocchio? Anything jumping out and surprising, or just spooky scenes?

well, for anyone under the age of 7, it is what is behind each turn on the track. it is not the spooky, but just plain dark, left a happy sidewalk and then all of a sudden its dark, and who are these characters after all. track is smooth, nothing jumps out, scenery is poor, that is why there is no waiting onthe west side of the castle

well, for anyone under the age of 7, it is what is behind each turn on the track. it is not the spooky, but just plain dark, left a happy sidewalk and then all of a sudden its dark, and who are these characters after all. track is smooth, nothing jumps out, scenery is poor, that is why there is no waiting onthe west side of the castle
Ha, I was asking for me! :rotfl2:Bad neck/back so I don't like rough rides, and I just hate being startled by something jumping out at me! :eek:

well...then welcome to the club, i ride snow white three times in a row and her neighbor because the easy ride it is that is about all that my body can handle for an attraction, then i go over to the matterhorn, listen to the screams....and just walk away....

I don't think any of those is similar enough to HM to be a replacement. Just remind her there are lots of other great rides that WDW doesn't have, things that she will love for completely different reasons.

I agree with mom2rtk. there really is nothing similar to HM. Snow, Pinnochio and Mr Todd are basically scenes from the movies. There are alot of great attractions at DLR. you will have an amazing time with or without HM.

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like these rides are very different from HM but still look forward to them. I think my DD will love them too.

Funny enough, out of the blue last night my kids started talking about Disney World (we don't bring it up much since the trip is still a surprise) and my son asked our favourite ride. His is Splash Mountain so he's good. I said Big Thunder as I didn't want to mention Haunted Mansion, but DD did say Haunted Mansion...that and when she got done up like a princess at Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique.

sgrap and chickapin, glad you asked. I'm the same, both for back issues and eye issues that I need to be careful with.

For anyone claiming the Snow White attraction is "Scary", do remember that these days you're riding the watered down version. Originally it ended much more darkly.

So, are Snow White and Mr. Toad the same rides that were at WDW? I hope so!!!

Yes. They are the same rides that used to also be at WDW years ago.

I love all the dark rides but IMO these do not come close to HM in terms of length or intricacy. Pirates is the most similar to HM in those categories.

Alice in Wonderland is another great dark ride that is not scary but is worth looking forward to.

Pirates at DL is "better" than Pirates at WDW. There are a few light drops plus you start in the pretty bayou. Maybe that could suffice. It's a good one to look forward to. Also, consider focusing on how there are so many different rides not at WDW at all that she will get to experience. If she's brave you could talk up Indiana Jones.

All three are fairly mild IMO but snow whites can be a little disturbing to more sensitive kids. All three basically take you through the story.

Pinocchio's ride and Toads ride I like and think they are fun. Pinocchio's might have a couple small scary parts for little ones but its a short ride and most likely wouldn't be bad for small ones.

Toads I think is just a lot of fun. Its basically a "wild ride". Lots of turns but its pretty slow so not scary. For me if I were to grade them on level of fun I would say
1. Toads
2. Pinnocchio's
3. Snow white

But Toads is far and away the best IMO. I try never to miss that one when we do fantasy land but the other two I only go on sometimes. Snow white I dont ever mind missing and wish they would re-make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter