Tell me about Shopkick

Euby

DIS Veteran
I'm always trying to find new ways to pay for Disney trips. I saw someone mention that they used Shopkick to get Disney gift cards. How does this work? What have been your experiences?

:thanks:

I use Shopkick regularly and love it. It does take awhile for the kicks to add up for a Disney GC, but it's so easy. When you walk into a specific store (the app will tell you which ones) you get kicks, which are like points. Then, you get more kicks by scanning certain items in the store. If you buy those items and scan your receipt, you can get additional kicks. There are bonus kicks on weekends throughout the year, especially during the holidays. When you've got enough kicks, you can redeem them for a GC.

I live in the Houston area so when it's too hot to go for walks outside, I'll go to the mall or local stores to walk around getting kicks instead. It's one of the easiest ways to earn GC, you just have to have patience. I've tried Swagbucks, Receipt Hog and other apps like them, but I prefer Shopkick. It's easier and more convenient for me.

Its awesome. I get anywhere from 150.-200. a year in gift cards. I work retail st a mall so it's real easy. I just walk past most of the stores and get the walk in kicks without going in. Plus I shop at TJ max and american eagle, so every dollar I spend I get kick points. My husband also does it I am lucky if he gets $50.
I also do receipt pal I get $50. A year doing that.

I think your success with it depends on where you live. If you have a lot of stores close to you then it's worth it. I get my Shopkicks from walk ins and by scanning the items that they ask for. They used to have a 1 for 1 at Target and that was great (one Shopkick for every dollar you spent), but I haven't seen that in a while. It's definitely a slow earner. It takes me a couple of months to earn a $25 gift card. Have you tried Swagbucks? I can easily earn $25 every couple of weeks with that.

What is Swagbucks?

It's a site where you can watch videos and take surveys to earn SB. 100SB= $1 a lot of people on the DIS use to help pay for their trips. And if you follow along on the gift card thread it's where the best buy deal comes from. If you want to try it out though I highly suggest seeing if a friend uses it and get their referral. It starts you off with 300SB I think and it helps them out when you earn. I started in October and have been able to earn at little less than $400 for my upcoming Disney trip. I only recently got good at it though so I'm starting to earn a lot more.

I'm trying Shopkicks but it's taking too long to get a gift card. Plus I was walking around the open mall area near my house and everything was showing that I'd already done it so I wasn't getting any Shopkicks.
The thing is I had done them 3 weeks ago so I was expecting to be able to do have it "reset" I guess is the word. But I got zero because nothing was pulling up.

I much prefer Swagbucks.

Shopkicks is a slow earner for me too. I do use it to check into stores when I go shopping. But that is not often. I don't have the patience to scan items in the store. I do have my cc linked so I can earn points on purchases for those stores that offer it.
I am sticking with it in the hopes that I earn at least $25 before my trip. If not I will redeem for something else when I get enough points.
I prefer swagbucks, fetch rewards, and receipt pal.

I use Shopkick regularly and love it. It does take awhile for the kicks to add up for a Disney GC, but it's so easy.

So I started yesterday and got 770 kicks. I noticed that it takes 6500 kicks to get a Disney gift card. What denomination is that, $25 or $50? To get a Target gift card is 500 kicks. Is that a $5 card? The reason that I ask is that based on the math, it would be best for me to get the Target cards from Shopkicks and use them to get Disney cards at a Target store. I just need confirmation of how much $$$ is on the cards you get from Shopkick to make sure that is the case.

I've tried earning points via Swagbucks, but never seem to be able to qualify for the surveys to make it worth the time for me.

So I started yesterday and got 770 kicks. I noticed that it takes 6500 kicks to get a Disney gift card. What denomination is that, $25 or $50? To get a Target gift card is 500 kicks. Is that a $5 card? The reason that I ask is that based on the math, it would be best for me to get the Target cards from Shopkicks and use them to get Disney cards at a Target store. I just need confirmation of how much $$$ is on the cards you get from Shopkick to make sure that is the case.

I've tried earning points via Swagbucks, but never seem to be able to qualify for the surveys to make it worth the time for me.

6250 kicks gets you a $25 Disney card. 500 Target kicks is a $2 GC.

6250 kicks gets you a $25 Disney card. 500 Target kicks is a $2 GC.

Thanks! After I posted that I actually did some looking around on the App to see the values of the giftcards. Looks like I may as well hold out for the Disney card. Especially since I earned over 1200 kicks today.

I wanted to give an update on my experience using Shopkick to get a Disney gift card. I started using Shopkick on May 7th and redeemed my kicks for a $25 Disney card on May 19th. I was actively collecting shop kicks for 10 of those days via walk-ins, scans, and the occasional video. I also made some purchases online and in-store, but those kicks (3,770) will not be available (in total) until August 11th.

So in a period of 10 days, I was able to collect over 7000 kicks. Redeeming the kicks for the gift card was super easy. They give you the gift card electronically within the app. I then went to disneygiftcard.com and loaded it onto one of my existing cards. No errors or glitches!

I have to admit that I am now officially hooked on Shopkicks! :earboy2:

How long did it take you to receive the gift card after the kicks were earned? Does it come electronically or in the mail?

I use Shopkick regularly and love it. It does take awhile for the kicks to add up for a Disney GC, but it's so easy. When you walk into a specific store (the app will tell you which ones) you get kicks, which are like points. Then, you get more kicks by scanning certain items in the store. If you buy those items and scan your receipt, you can get additional kicks. There are bonus kicks on weekends throughout the year, especially during the holidays. When you've got enough kicks, you can redeem them for a GC.

I live in the Houston area so when it's too hot to go for walks outside, I'll go to the mall or local stores to walk around getting kicks instead. It's one of the easiest ways to earn GC, you just have to have patience. I've tried Swagbucks, Receipt Hog and other apps like them, but I prefer Shopkick. It's easier and more convenient for me.

How long after you earn the kicks does it take to receive the gift card? Does it come electronically or in the mail?

Thanks - Pirate

I wish shopkicks would add other places on their app. I have hit Best Buy, Target and Marshalls so much lately that I do not have much to scan and no walk ins! To the original OP, I always study my shopkicks before I head out so I know what I want to do and get. Walmart has had so many scan your receipt points for items that I built up kicks quick for a while! Such as Dave's killer bread. They were giving 500 kicks when you purchased. We love that bread so I bought a loaf at least once a week and got 500 kicks often!

I've been letting DD10 do scans when we shop for her Disney spending money, unfortunately the only walk in store here is Walmart, and 4 stores for scans. She's up to $50 card which is pretty good for availability and we don't do till June so may manage another $25. I've gotten $50 worth from xmas shopping online on top of hers.

Shopkick gets mixed reviews on here but it's my favorite. It took me about two months to earn enough to redeem for $100 in Disney gc when they had the redemption sale in December, I think it was. I was able to earn another $50 that went towards Christmas gifts and I just cashed out another $50 yesterday.

I do have a variety of stores very close to me so that makes it easier. During the holiday season, Best Buy had 2,000-5,000 scan kicks per week but are now down to just a few hundred. I really hope that picks back up.

My strategy is to max out Best Buy, Target and Shoe Carnival scans each week. These are all in the same shopping center. Across the street, I get the Marshall's walk in points. I usually go to Walmart 2-3 times a month to scan in there. I scan in Publix while I'm grocery shopping and anywhere else is just when I have a few minutes. For receipt kicks, I only purchase items we actually use and can often stack offers with Cartwheel and Ibotta rebates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter